Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Squad V Greece

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Glen Crowe is playing?? WTF ? Why not Alan Lee ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

Yes why glenn crowe instead of alan lee????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by johnnynolegs
    Yes why glenn crowe instead of alan lee????

Yup, I think thats the same question on everyones mind! :(

indeed it is ciano

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Its not so much his commitment that I would question rather his attitude.
    It just drives me spare when I see him give up the ghost when some one throws in an innocuous challenge on him.
    I've seen him running with the ball and then just stopping and letting the ball roll on when a challenge goes in regardless of whether or not the ref has blown up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Well at least Richard Dunne and John O'Shea are getting a start

:D

yeah that is one positive thing i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I think its a positive thing for Irish football that home players in the eircom league are gettin' a run in friendlies

the result of the game is meaningless but the eircom league players can have something to aim for in playing for the country.

It'll be a great benefit to irish football and the eircom league IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Can someone furnish me with the list of clubs that one-season wonder Alan Lee has scored against this season?

Crowe's record includes scoring against Kaiserslautern, Aberdeen, and also in two Champions League qualifying rounds. Beat it.

Why isnt Partridge playing?? We're playing a big man (Doherty) up front, yet we have no wingers to get crosses into him!? :confused:

All I can say is thank f***, Givens is only in charge for one match!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Just Beat It! Woo Hoo! :D

Originally posted by Bateman
    Can someone furnish me with the list of clubs that one-season wonder Alan Lee has scored against this season?

Crowe's record includes scoring against Kaiserslautern, Aberdeen, and also in two Champions League qualifying rounds. Beat it.

Bateman, this is the second time you asked for this info, and this is the second time i'll provide it ... lol

Alan Lee's scoring record

:D

BTW it seems the manager of Rotherham is none too pleased at Lee being overlooked for a place in an Ireland squad yet again:

http://www.soccercentral.ie/

Speculation over.

Republic of Ireland: Given (Newcastle Utd.); Finnan (Fulham), O'Shea (Manchester Utd.), Cunningham (Birmingham), Dunne (Manchester City); Healy (Celtic), Carsley (Everton), Holland (Ipswich), McPhail (Leeds Utd.); Crowe (Bohemians), Doherty (Tottenham).
    Subs: Kiely (Charlton Athletic), Colgan (Hibernian), Breen (West Ham United), Quinn (Coventry City), Partridge (Coventry City), Hoolihan (Shelbourne), Delap (Southampton).

Begin Critiscm.

At this point, I'd like to say a big Good Luck! to the Lads!

Come on the Republik!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Yes, let me join you CCCP^, Good Luck to the lads :D

• Advertisement

Yup, I may not agree with the team (or even the squad) that has been selected, but I certainly wish them all the best tonight!

Come on the boys in green !! :D

Predictions anyone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

2 - 1 to Greece :(

3-2 to the Republic

Healy, Crowe and O' Shea will be amazing.

2-1 Crowe, Holland :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

despite a glen crowe hat-trick ireland will go down 4-3.(enter what you like)popoulus will score all 4 for greece and richard dunne will save a penalty after shay gets sent off (ireland having used all subs)

• Advertisement

1-0 breen to score

1-0 breen to score
    thats ridiculous, there is no chance in that happening!

i mean an own goal

ah yes normal transmission resumes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

12-0 to ireland with Glen Crowe scoring 10 goals before been dropped from the squad never to play for Ireland again.

yep exactly - crowe won't play for ireland after this game no matter how well he does tonite unless he moves to a different country to play

BTW it seems the manager of Rotherham is none too pleased at Lee being overlooked for a place in an Ireland squad yet again:
    WHO CARES WHAT THE MANAGER OF ROTHERAM THINKS? ARE THEY TOP OF THEIR LEAGUE. DOES ANYONE CARE WHAT BOHS MANAGER STEPHEN KENNY THINKS? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE MANAGER OF ROTHERAM BEFORE THIS MESS. HE HAS THE CHEEK TO SAY LEE IS BETTER THEN CROWE WHEN ITS OBVIOUS THAT HE'S NEVER SEEN CROWE PLAY.

>yep exactly - crowe won't play for ireland after this game no matter how well he does tonite unless he moves to a different country to play
    Or unless overpaid and overprotected strikers invent injuries to make themselves unavailable for friendlies, because they are somehow "above playing in friendlies.

Very funny johnnynolegs, some of your posts lead me to believe you are actually the type of person who think it possible to play for another nation by moving there.

WHO CARES WHAT THE MANAGER OF ROTHERAM THINKS? ARE THEY TOP OF THEIR LEAGUE. DOES ANYONE CARE WHAT BOHS MANAGER STEPHEN KENNY THINKS? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE MANAGER OF ROTHERAM BEFORE THIS MESS. HE HAS THE CHEEK TO SAY LEE IS BETTER THEN CROWE WHEN ITS OBVIOUS THAT HE'S NEVER SEEN CROWE PLAY.

ehh ... chill out there man. The guy is entitled to his opinion ..... and he has a very valid point about Barrett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

>yep exactly - crowe won't play for ireland after this game no matter how well he does tonite unless he moves to a different country to play

Or unless overpaid and overprotected strikers invent injuries to make themselves unavailable for friendlies, because they are somehow "above playing in friendlies.

Very funny johnnynolegs, some of your posts lead me to believe you are actually the type of person who think it possible to play for another nation by moving there.

eh i think his point may have been that if Crowe moved to England or Spain or something and played well there, he would play for Ireland again, not that he would play for another nation :rolleyes:

Some of your posts, Bateman, lead me to believe that you need to brush up on reading comprehension skills.

• Advertisement

that is exactly what i mean 2sheds thank you for pointing that out while i was not here

ah well bateman i have to say with some of the posts u put up it makes me think u r a genuinely nice person who has quite high intelligence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I am sure that you base your opinion on seeing Lee play for Rotherham week in week out Bateman, so at least yours in an informed opinion! We were all gald to see Crowe play, and by all accounts he did well too but he is never going to make the team for full internationals because the league he is playing in is not competitive enough. I know you are going to try and say the Premiership is a sh/t league too but even if it is it is still alot more competetive then the Irish league, as is the upper half of the first division.

hold on is bateman not from rotherham?????? oh rite no he's not so he hasn't got a clue about lee oh yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

ah well bateman i have to say with some of the posts u put up it makes me think u r a genuinely nice person who has quite high intelligence

Set sarcasm detectors to overload!! :)

LOL .... i think the nail just got hit on the head! ;):p

Barrett was injured.

>I know you are going to try and say the Premiership is a sh/t league too but even if it is it is still alot more competetive then the Irish league, as is the upper half of the first division.

Thanks for the tips regarding reading comprehension, I really must pay more attention to it.

I would not do anything as ludicrous as to state that the Premiership is sh1t, don't be foolish. People seem to think that I have blinkers and thats bollocks of the highest order. I watch all football, including a healthy dose of Nationwide games. I have seen Lee many times in highlights form and have seen Crowe for hundreds of minutes. Who here has seen either for more than 30 minutes?

And the Irish League takes place in the occupied territories, the League of Ireland, currently led by Bohs, is around mid table 2nd Division Nationwide standard. I think our clubs would struggle to compete with the likes of Wigan and Cardiff, never mind the Nationwide First Division.

BUT, some players in our league are simply better than those around them. An example would be Crowe, who has scored over 90 goals in 3 and a half seasons, including goals against Aberdeen, Kaiserslautern, and Swedish and Estonian Champions. He has also turned in an adequate performance for an Irish international team bereft of any width and midfield supply.

Now most people here would say that the logical thing for these players to do is to go and test themselves against Halifax and Cambridge, when they could be playing for a place in a Champions League group. Football here will never improve as long as we send our best players to England at a young age only for them to arrive home a year later, rejected and without an education.

Advertisement