Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultralisks

Options
  • 15-03-1999 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

they any good? Worth using?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Fiend

lo Regi =)

Ultralisks in original starcraft are not great but good if you want to use them as tanks (they have like 400 health). Send them in first to commit enemy's defence units and go in with a bunch of hydralisks and other stuff to back them up works great. Watch out though for them Terrans. A fleet of 12 battlecruisers will destroy anything fast. Then again, no really good tactics against a base defended by a fleet of battlecruisers with siege tanks pounding you from afar and marines ripping you to bits from bunkers. Terrans too damn strong!! I almost always play protoss and wait for the Terrans to make the first move. Once I spot the fleet coming in I zap them with psi storm muhahah. Ahem, yeah, anyway, Ultralisks.

Ultralisks are great in Brood War as they have improved armor. A total of 6 armor points which is equal to battlecruisers. They also have a faster ultralisk movement upgrade so they basically rock in Brood War. You should really play Brood War for multiplayer games anyway unless you have the latest patch for Starcraft installed. A lot of the units are cheaper and build time shorter etc for race balance purposes.

-Fiend

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

They're alright but get ground up by siege tanks. They're not the most intelligent path finders either. But if you absolutely positively have to go through a choke point, they can tear up stuff pretty fast and combine them with a few dark swarms...hehe

Pity you can't get the 800 hit point versions that sometimes appear in the single player missions....

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

In the last Terran mission in Broodwars you keep getting attacked by ONE Tarrasque (Super-Duper Ultralisk), and even with about 8 siege tanks and loads of bunkers and stuff he nearly ALWAYS managed to mash a building before dying!! INSANE!! And he keeps respawning and coming back, scary. He attacked me at the start, I had only started building up my nice little base, and comes this dirty thing and JUST TOTALLY MASHES half of it! It's a cool mission.....

The last few Zerg missions in Broodwars are by far and away the most difficult missions in Starcraft, especially the one where you start on this island with **** all resources, surrounded by enemies. Took me hours to clear it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ehldas

Ah, Tarrasque wasn't too hard... he screws your base the first time, then just send a science vessel off to the right and irradiate him on his way over : he'll be down to half
    hp by the time he arrives, and will be a much easier kill. Also, attract his attention with
    a bunch of marines and then run around with
    him chasing them while your siege tanks pound his ass. You'll get away with a few dead marines, leaving your buildings and SCV's unmolested.

Ehldas

Advertisement