Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom customer survey - heheh.

Options
  • 11-11-2002 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all. First post.
    Received a mail today about an eircon feedback survey... My form contained something approximating the following in the 'further comments' field:

"I pay too much for what is all in all an average service. You cannot justify the extortionate bill I receive from you every two months, especially when you compare your prices with others in Europe, Asia, Africa and North and South America.
    The lack of a flat rate dialup service, let alone affordable broadband, in this country can only be described as disgraceful and the sole blame falls upon your company.
    You have abused your market position as the monopolistic telecoms concern to no less than rip off your internet and telephone customers and I hope to see this despicable situation remedied by the introduction of real competition as soon as possible"

Something tells me this will make little difference, but it felt good :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea it always feels good to tell them what you think, even better when they ask you to :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

first of all, welcome to the board :) i wish Eircom would send me a survey in the mail, i guess it'll come sometime soon tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fuzzbucket

Thanks for the welcome. The form was linked from the e-mail. I'll post the mail later when I get home (if I remember :) ). They also called my home a few months ago about their DSL...

This is a post from way back when from the Corrupted forum.

"Posted - 30/07/2002 : 12:05:36 PM

I was cold-called by some eircon liar one day -

Liar: We are offering broadband ADSL to customers in your area.
    Me: How much?
    Liar: Well, there's a connection fee €200
    Me: *cough* Ha ha ha! Please, go on!
    Liar: Well, you have an option of USB modem at €175 or ethernet modem at €242.
    Me: I already have an ethernet network adapter - it cost €30.
    Liar: Well, you'll need to buy one of ours to use our service - we use 3Com (blah blah)
    Me: That's what I'm using. What's the monthly rate?
    Liar: €107
    Me: That unmetred?
    Liar: *cough* yeeeeees....
    Me: So this disc detailing the 3GB dowload limit and 4c per MB charge after that is innacurate?
    Liar: Well, no - but it's unlikely you'll use 3GB in a month.
    Me: I use 3GB a month on 56k - I'd be using 3GB a day on broadband - This would result in a bill of oh, let's say 3 to 4 thousand a month. Does this sound like something I can afford?
    Liar: So, you're not interested?
    Me: Not quite yet - call me when you're not taking the piss.

They haven't called back yet."

This is the original mail I received from eircon:

"Dear Customer,

eircom net are currently conducting a review of
    customer satisfaction with our products and services.
    We are also looking at future service offerings and
    would welcome your comments and feedback.

We would appreciate it if you could click on the
    link below and complete our Customer Satisfaction
    Survey. It will take less than one minute and will
    help us serve all of our customers in as efficient
    a manner as possible.

To take the survey please click on the link below:

http://feedback.eircom.net

Kind Regards,
    Customer Services
    eircom net "

You saw the bluk of my reply above. Their reply to this is as follows:

"Dear Customer

Thank you for your recent mail to eircom net’s Customer Service department.

It is very difficult to develop a viable cost based model for flat rate Internet access. For this type of package costs are fluid but revenue is static which is not a commercially viable proposition. However we are currently monitoring the market and market conditions in this regard

eircom net does however offer two highly competitive packages - eircom net subscription and eircom net free. If you require further information on either of these services you can contact our registration line on 1890 359 259 or our sales line on 1800 203 204..

Regards

Customer Service
    Eircom net"

My impression was that I was partaking of their "free" (Mwah ha ha!) service...
    ...did I get this right? - they want me to register for a service which I already use and they have already asked me for feedback on?
    I have ignored the "...costs are fluid but revenue is static..." bull to prevent mental collapse.
    I have been drinking tonight so I decided not to reply right now. I will, of course, let them know how insulted my poor intelligence is feeling sometime tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Slightly funny aside.

As posted in another thread, 2 other IOFFL members visited my premises in Letterkenny today, partly to look at my satellite system, partly to discuss launching some action in Donegal.

We had just started when I got a message that an Eircom rep was at reception looking for me !

Turned out he was trying to get us to change our telephones back from Mercury. Needless to say, I hit him about Internet access. Asked him if he had heard of IOFFL and when he said that he had, I asked him if he would like 3 IOFFL members including the ex-chairman to gang up on him .

He looked really worried, pleaded that he only wished he himself could get broadband in Donegal so I let him off the hook :)

Martin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

My speech for the comment form:

I feel that you are charging too much for internet
    access in this country. Every other country in the
    world has access to flat-rate internet and ADSL and
    Cable, but why not us? If we are the so-called E-Hub
    of Europe, surely we should have decent internet
    access, instead of the poor services many consumers
    have to put up with. I strongly believe that there is a
    market for flat-rate, and even though that there are 2
    providers offering flat-rate, you still stick to your the
    answer "There is no demand". Surely if there wasn't a
    demand, people wouldn't be buying this service.

Your lack of vision, and stubborness in your ways
    is making this country a laughing stock. I feel
    ashamed to say that I *still* have to pay per minute
    when so many of my friends in different countries can
    go online for around the Equivelent of 10-30 Euros
    a month. To say there isn't a market for some sort
    of flat-rate service is foolish, because, as I have
    said before, many countries have flat-rate internet
    access, and there is a market for it, contrary to
    what you might think.

To add a final note, I won't be interested in doing
    business with you on any of your internet services,
    unless you intend to bring out true flat-rate here.
    I have no interest with the so-called free service,
    which isn't exactly free, just cunningly worded so
    it seems free. The same goes for your subscription
    service, which I have to admit is a step in the right
    direction, but is still not far enough of a step.

I hope my comments have helped out in some way...
    As they are what many people think & feel.

(sorry about the length, but it was how i felt while writing it...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

how can they say their internet packages are competitive? Competitive to what? Even if they dont know the meaning of the word, its just sad...very sad. Its not in anyway competitive :mad:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's easy to be competitive when you own all the lines! You play the other operators off each other and put mutant mice on the telly. :D

That poxy mouse just pisses me off. Did anyone get that CD through their door with the nice Macromedia Shockwave animations on how fast mice fly and a scrollbar to demonstrate the effectiveness of broadband access?
    Oh, and has anyone heard eircom's I Scream radio ad about "flat rate" broadband? No mention of a cap...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Fuzzbucket

Oh, and has anyone heard eircom's I Scream radio ad about "flat rate" broadband? No mention of a cap...

Not since we got it taken off the air the first time. Have you heard it lately? If your positive you heard the words Flat Rate Access with no qualifier, complain to the ASAI . Theres a handy little form on the website.

They already upheld that the phrase was misleading, and should not be using it still in any press ads without a qualifying statement.

At least that was my understanding of the bumf they sent me, Muck wanna clear that up?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Not since we got it taken off the air the first time. Have you heard it lately? If your positive you heard the words Flat Rate Access with no qualifier, complain to the ASAI . Theres a handy little form on the website.

They already upheld that the phrase was misleading, and should not be using it still in any press ads without a qualifying statement.

I'll keep an ear out. The radio is usually only on when I'm late for work so there's a good chance I'll catch it...
    I believe it was also directed at home customers.
    *edit* The words 'flat fee' are used here The conditions attached to this statement could be covered by the young man in the ad saying "Trmsancondishnsapply" at the end...

Advertisement