Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.05 patch is out

Options
  • 10-03-1999 11:47am
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Yep - grab it at ftp://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/starcraft/patches/Star_105.exe for starCraft and at ftp://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/broodwar/patches/BW_105.exe for Brood Wars.

Here is what it does:

What's fixed in Patch 1.05 (Includes fixes from 1.04)

Reduced Academy cost to 150 minerals.
    Reduced Science Facility cost to 100 minerals, 150 gas.
    Reduced Spider Mine research cost to 100 minerals, 100 gas.
    Reduced the cooldown for units on unload from a transport.
    Added a limit so games can only be saved at most once every two minutes during a multiplayer
    game.
    Fixed a bug that caused save game compatibility problems with 1.03 save games loaded into
    1.04 and Brood War.
    The 'something for nothing' cheat no longer gives Brood War upgrades in normal Starcraft
    games.
    When using the 'exactly' modifier in trigger conditions, incomplete units are no longer included
    in the comparision.
    Hallucinated devourers no longer leave acid spores on targeted units.
    Spider mines are now properly affected by disruption web.
    Neutral medics no longer auto-heal units.
    Added a wireframe for Infested Duran in a dropship.
    The low memory version of the disruption web art is now correct.
    Terran insane AI no longer locks the system.
    Fixed the bug that allowed terran buildings to move after landing.
    Fixed the bug that incorrectly allowed 'morph to lurker' commands to be issued to units that
    weren't hydralisks.
    Miscellaneous minor bug fixes.
    (StarEdit) Eliminated dependence on updated comctrl32.dll
    (StarEdit) Now displays language based on installed version of Starcraft rather than operating
    system setting
    (StarEdit) Fixed a bug in the Player Upgrades dialog that could cause settings for one player to
    be inadvertently copied to another

(sort for the dodgy formating)

Draco

[This message has been edited by Draco (edited 10-03-99).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Bugger! YA beat me to it, now I've had to delete it..

Good news for the wee likkle terrans.

OK Dev, this is your cue to complain that Zerg are being raped again! wink.gif

Just think, Firebats can make an appearance quicker than ever before! hmmmmm, Firebats in Bunkers....zerglings....flambe.....

[This message has been edited by LoLth (edited 10-03-99).]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ere lads - tell me this and tell me no more...

I'm still on v1 here. Will I need to get all the upgrades or can I install 1.05 now without hastle?

Just wonderin - cause u know the way it is in Quake - upgrade to 1.06 and then to 1.08

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I've never thought about that.

However, the patches don't seem to get any bigger in filesize so I would assume that the later ones do not contain the previous ones.

Also, Staredit distinguishes between which patches are needed to run a map, they give a full list and sometimes skip a number in the progression
    eg: required:
    Starcraft
    V1.02
    V1.03
    V1.05

No 1.04

To be on the safe side I would upgrade one at a time. Anyway, you'll need to upgrade to play on B.net or in Multiplayer against an updated opponent.

Sorry I can't be more definite.

J.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

As far as I know the v1.05 patch contains all the previous bug fixes. Check out the patch section at www.blizzard.com it will tell you for definite

Draco

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I d/led it - it worked fine.

So you don't need to have the previous versions if anyone else is listening!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Advertisement
Advertisement