Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - Back In Black: Album Archive Thurs 8pm Phantom

Options
  • 11-11-2002 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

There are certain things that are universally accepted as truth in this world; The North Pole is cold, onions make you fart, and AC/DC rock like bastards. No other band in the history of recorded music has made three chords sound quite so compelling. February 1980 saw the death of AC/Dc's original lead vocalist, the charismatic and hugely talented Bon Scott.

When a lead singer leaves a band for whatever reason, the band's career follows one of two paths; they "do a Johnny Hates Jazz" (ie lose all their fans and end up playing summer season in Bognor Regis) or they "do a Genesis" (ie become even more successful than before. Note: having an irritating faux-everyman baldy twat for replacement singer is not a pre-requisite for the latter path).

Barely 5 months after Bon Scott's death, AC/DC made the album of their career, Back In Black, with Brian Johnson on screaming duties. While hardcore AccaDacca fans believe that AC/DC died with Bon, the rest of us are content to ooh and ahh (in a gruff, "hard" fashion, of course) at the power and quality of the songs on offer on this album. Think about it - Hells Bells, You Shook Me All Night Long, Back in Black, Shake a Leg.......

If you're ignorant to the feast of riffage, thumping drums and back-of-the-throat vocalising of Back In Black, tune in to Phantom this Thursday at 8pm and we'll make your ears bleed with help from the little midget chap in the school uniform and his mates. Let there be Rock indeed.

Regards

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

wow. i am really excited. you gotta love ac/dc... my favourite song was always "thunder struck". great, great stuff. will look forward to listening, rob!

ps onions make you fart????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

This is the first album that made me shake, made me listen to rock and nothing else for years, this is the album that made me pick up the guitar , this is the album that made it ok to have no mates and be an angry little ****...and through my life this is the album that I always look back to, to give me a much needed boot in the ass when I need it......not much has changed really since I first heard this album hahahaha

Angus Angus Angus

I shall be recording this show cause we play dorans...plug plug ....alas we do not sound like AC/DC but Im always hopeful that the other lads will get with the program and we can stop writing "Cold Polaton" songs ...little joke there lads Im only kiddin!!

Hey Rob I can't believe ya didn't name check "Shoot to Thrill" what a great track !

All the best - Trev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Ahha the show is wednesday not thursday great stuff I shall be tuned your way Rob...will you be doing the whole band bio thingy ?? Ac/DC have a mad history>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Rob, welldone for FINALLY doing AC/DC on the album archive. It is i'd say thier best album and 'Hells Bells' is one of my favourite songs on the album. All true followers of the Rock era should deffinelty have this album in their collection!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rob Taylor

Hi Trev,

AC/DC do have a mad history, but due to the time constraints on the show, we'll be starting the tale from the point where Bon dies up until the Back in Black tour. Anything else would result in me rabbiting on for most of the hour and you wouldn't get to hear the album in it's entirety. And when it comes to me talking versus Angus riffing, even I'd prefer Angus.....

Enjoy the show!

Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

ac/dc :what absolute twaddle.it seems like phanthom is trying to create an big mish mash of thrash whilst ignoring a lot of bands not in the club.

Leave the likes of this garbage with guns n roses and bon jovi in the scrap heap where they belong.The have no plac e in an alternative music station.they belong sise by side with drivel such as black sabbath and iron maiden.

Dont bother stating how great they are im not interested,as billy bragg once sang "idealology clashing",goodnight dick.

Advertisement