Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail Login Failure

• 12-11-2002 1:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping that somebody can shed some light on my problem.

When I try to log-in to my hotmail account, i.e. enter details and click "sign in", the blue bar at the bottom of the IE window moves from left to right very very slowly, but the screen is blank and through checking the internet connection tab, I can see that I'm downloading vast amounts of data. Basically, after I click the sign-in button, the screen goes white, the blue bar moves incredibly slow and yet I'm still downloading data. I eventually gave up and quit the browser because I'm a bit paranoid about what's being downloaded from the hotmail website.

Can anyone explain why 400-500k of data is being transfered to my computer from the site when it seems as though I'm not actually gaining access to my account. By the way, this has happened before but I think it was to do with my high cookie-blocking settings, so I intentionally lowered the security to it's lowest settings but no luck :(

I *could* be entering the wrong password now, but even still, why would it be downloading all this data, wouldn't it just re-direct me to a failed login screen or some such?

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

clear ur cache.
    possibly sounds like corrupt activex library or some component that is required for passport.com authenication.

try this
    (1) Clear cache
    (2) Turn down your IE security level to low
    (3) Restart IE and try cockmail again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Make sure cookies are enabled.
    It can do this kinda thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

If you're behind a firewall, make sure the SSL port is open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

This problem usually occurs when going through a proxy (a college one for example)
    If your using one do this:
    In IE, click tools/internet options/ Then click the connections tab. then lan settings. Click the "Use a proxy server for your Lan" and make sure the correct proxy address is entered. Then click advanced. Click the "Use same proxy for all protocols" box, and they will grey out. Then try using hotmail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

This has just happend now, Almost as soon as i click sign in it gives me a "Server Not Found" Screen. Ive played around with all the usual settings but to of no avail.

• Advertisement
Advertisement