Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2600.ie

Options
  • 12-11-2002 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

We're trying to organise a 2600 meeting (do not know of any in dublin , if there is please drop me a line)

everyone and anyone welcome no matter what the background

beginner or guru, let's make it happen

Site is here and mail 2600.ie@hushmail.com for any details you might want or information about it.

basically anyone interested in technology, communications, telecomms and computers should come along , and we'll probably hit a pub and share knowledge , meet new friends and get pissed.

Anyone with knowledge in any field should mail, as we are only starting out and we can all learn off of each other.

Every meeting will have a friendly atmosphere and everyone is respected no matter what your status.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

I would probably attend if I didn't live far from Dublin.
    I think there were 2600 meetings years ago, but from what I heard, they were poorly organised and usually ended in the pub..not saying thats a bad thing.
    I haven't attended those meetings and probably won't be with any in future.
    Good luck with it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

well thanks for the luck :)

these meets will be around as long as the people attend, and i think dublin and any other county for that matter have enough interest,

and besides i have talked to a couple of people already from galway and cork, and theres nothing to stop them from setting up similar meets

Advertisement