Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PADDIES v AUSSIES ???

Options
  • 22-03-1999 11:35am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well since we can play SC against anyone anywhere pretty much, with the B.Net system why not take on the Aussies. I can set it up with Hoony as a bit of a laugh and we can see where it goes from there.

Now on to a team selection (4 v 4 sounds good)

I only have seen a few players and heard anecdotal evidence of others... but my choices for team squad would be (in no order)
    Beast
    Reaper
    DeVore
    Regi

Zero and Jay are both possibles too but I have no idea what their standard is atm.
    I believe its pretty good but I dunno if they can play on B.Net anyway. Lads?

Can we meet on Thursday to get some regular games going. Say #Quake.ie at 8pm. (until we establish a proper home, like maybe #ie on B.Net)
    Then we would have a better idea of who's good and who's mentally-divergent.

Anyone on for this?

As I said I havent seen anything of the CyberX lads or much from the UL boys lately so dont shoot me for the team I've picked its the best I know of.

An irish team will have a much easier time of it in the technology stakes then our quake team as we can play people from all over the world with no lag problems.

DeV

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

One on ones? Or team games?
    We're not that experienced at one on ones (read zero experience) but I think we're okay at team (not the strange shared resources thingy though)
    I'll see what I can do to get a few of the guys playing on Thursday.

draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

One thing I've noticed bout Battle.Net
    Blah blah blah, on normal IRc....meet some bloke, organise a game... go to Starcraft-IRL1 etc.
    A lot of the time I can't see the other person on the IRL1 channel! But I know they're there, because they're messaging me etc etc. Wierd....

Advertisement