Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2600.ie

• 12-11-2002 3:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

We're trying to organise a 2600 meeting (do not know of any in dublin , if there is please drop me a line)

everyone and anyone welcome no matter what the background

beginner or guru, let's make it happen

Site is here and mail 2600.ie@hushmail.com for any details you might want or information about it.

basically anyone interested in technology, communications, telecomms and computers should come along , and we'll probably hit a pub and share knowledge , meet new friends and get pissed.

Anyone with knowledge in any field should mail, as we are only starting out and we can all learn off of each other.

Every meeting will have a friendly atmosphere and everyone is respected no matter what your status.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

There is a 2600 meeting in dublin. I'm gonna email someone and get the details, I'll post them here.

Apparently its at the trinity front gates at 5 pm on the first friday of the month. But also seems to be mainly kiddies who don't know what to talk about, and the real hackers stay away. This is just second hand information from a good while back, things could have changed for the better, so give it a shot. ( or there might be no meeting at all anymore, I dunno).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

gerry, afaik no one has gone to a 2600 or a "meet" as they were called in bloody ages :)

once even I stopped going, everyone else realised they were a terrible waste of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

lol shouldnt it be the first Saturday of every month!

and going to a pub....well i'd say there are a few readers that are a little young for that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mm, that was the reason the originals died out hehe, all the "elders" got tired of the rest of us being refused entry, and finding a large enuogh cafe was a **** :)

and no it is every friday.. we had it on saturday for some reason

Advertisement