Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2600.ie

Options
  • 12-11-2002 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

We're trying to organise a 2600 meeting (do not know of any in dublin , if there is please drop me a line)

everyone and anyone welcome no matter what the background

beginner or guru, let's make it happen

Site is here and mail 2600.ie@hushmail.com for any details you might want or information about it.

basically anyone interested in technology, communications, telecomms and computers should come along , and we'll probably hit a pub and share knowledge , meet new friends and get pissed.

Anyone with knowledge in any field should mail, as we are only starting out and we can all learn off of each other.

Every meeting will have a friendly atmosphere and everyone is respected no matter what your status.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Can you give me so more detail
    This is obviously an irish version of the 2600.org site
    What happens at the meetings

I would possiblly interested

Deco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Originally posted by deckie27
    Can you give me so more detail
    This is obviously an irish version of the 2600.org site
    What happens at the meetings

I would possiblly interested

Deco

thats true deckie, it will be based on 2600.org/com, now i have read that there was some active a while back but fell apart because they wanted it held on a saturday and this wasn't in keeping with the 2600 meetings

the reason im trying to get everyone together is because ireland doesn't have any and i think people want it - anyone that has turned up at previous ones or hasn't - email me - you'll organise it too , the poeple that turn up are in control and everyone is welcome

so basically declan i would be delighted if you came along, i am new to computers myself (only about a year's experience) but have learned alot, anyone is invited guru or beginner,

we meet to make new friends and share knowledge of computers, security , telecomms and communications (and anything else you can think of) ,

no function room is rented or anything like that , though a place in the future for use would be on the cards,

we will all meet and figure out where to go , probably a pub keeping in mind younger people,

email me deco on theciscokid@hush.com

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Do we really need so many threads on this cross posted in other forums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

I was going to email admin about it , but since there was a diversity of people surfing these boards , some may check certain folders but i didn't want to leave it to chance , i will not post anymore ,

well maybe a reminder a week before it is about to happen :D

thank you for your patience bkehoe and any other moderators and admins that have helped getting the word out :D

Advertisement