Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help !!

• 12-11-2002 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Configuring a New PC

Shuttle Motherboard AK32
    Ati Radeon 7500
    256Mb RAM
    Athlon XP 2200
    40 Gb WD

WhenI boot it up there is no beep from the motherboard, (yes pc speakers connected, and nothing on the monitor. Any ideas guys?

Help !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

HI Vogad,

I wonder is the AK32 compatible with the XP2200+ .
    This was one of the first t'bred processors to come to market,
    most of the slower models are t'birds so they will work fine.

With a little bit of googling there apparently is two version of the
    AK32 . Ver 1.x and 2.x .Ver 1.x is incompatible with the t'breds and Ver 2.x is compatible with a bios upgrade.

Now you have the chicken and egg situation . How to flash the bios if all you have is the 2200+ .

You will have to borrow a slower processor like a duron 1200 or athlon 1.4 or the like and flash it with those processors.

Ref: in german
    http://www.google.ie/search?q=cache:t8v97Q6hH-UC:www.spacewalker.com/german/faq/athlon3.htm+AK32+2200&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Bios update for AK32 version 2.x
    ftp://ftp.spacewalker.com/BIOS/ak32l/ak32s20f.zip

If all you have is the AK32 ver 1.x I am afraid you are out of luck.
    It's a pretty old board anyway.. can you exchange it for a different board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 VOGAD

yeah, i checked to make sure it was ok, solved it anyways the processor is screwed up, geting it replaced, thanks for the reply!!

Advertisement