Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park August Bank Holiday

• 12-11-2002 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Aparantly MCD have requested planning permission for a concert in phoenix park on the August Bank Holiday next year with an expected crowd of 125,000.

Unfortunatly, from what i hear.......It is going to be Robbie Williams....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,583 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Isn't Reading coming to Ireland next year? And isn't that around the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Wont be MCD bringing the Reading Festival. Its the Pod and The Mean Fiddler doing that 'un

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

There's a good chance it'll be the rolling stones, they've said that they'll be playing a large outdoor gig in ireland next summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

there was an article last week (cant remember where, sorry) but it said mcd and mean fiddler were battling for a 3 day festival in kells....not sure which weekend (i presume the august bank holiday, which differs from englands august bank holiday as far as i know)....anyhoo, mean fiddler wanna make it a reading/leeds style festival while mcd wanna make it a 3 day version of slane...

personally i'd much prefer mean fiddler to get it. i went to leeds this summer and everything about it was much much better than anything i've ever been to here (all organised by mcd), not speaking musically of course, mcds organisational skills leave a lot to be desired, witnnness was a mess this year (had a great time but it was a mess)...leeds ran smoothly (except for the riots....but thats just the local people)...

there ya go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Yup, its Robbie Williams im afraid.

Tickets on sale this Saturday at 59.50 each. Limited to 4 per person. Lemme see......59.50 * 120000 = lots and lots...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

my G'friend just got an email form the Robbie williams Website and it's him in Phoenix park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i'll be giving it a miss so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

what a pile of crap

• Advertisement
Advertisement