Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Rights, Last Friday 8th November 2002, Voodoo Lounge.

Options
  • 12-11-2002 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hey everyone, just writing to let you all know of an incident that occurred last Friday and could effect a few people on this Forum. Basically as alot of you probably already know, is that GigSmart run weekly gigs in the Voodoo Lounge on Aran Quay every Friday Night, it was all going very well most Friday’s the venue would be full, the bands got paid, the venue got to have a full house, and we got the satisfaction in seeing our efforts finally paying off, in the creation of what had the potential to become a descent scene.
    All of that however is no more, due to the stupidity in one band that we booked. Usually I don’t talk ill of any band but these ****wits deserve a good kickin, now usually there is three people running things along from the GigSmart crew, that is usually myslef, Tom and Fintan, but this time I had other family matters that I had to take care of and Tom had a funeral to attend, so Fintan was on his own for this gig.
    Any other time he would have been able to handle it, as the bands are usually co operative and are interested in getting along with the other bands on the bill.
    Unfortunately this was not to be, on this occassion, the First band took to the stage, and went out of their way to sabotage the rest of the gig for the other bands on the bill.
    They poured beer over the amplifiers none of which belonged to them, one of them cut his arm purposely and then made sure to squirt his blood over the Drum Kit ( lets not forget that blood can be the deadliest substance ever, in alot of cases the venue would have to be shut down )which again did not belong to them, they then played on after being asked politely on several occassions to finish their set, after what lasted over an hour they finally had to forceably be removed from the stage not to mention the venue.
    I know for a fact that Voodoo has cancelled our Friday nights until further notice, they may never give us another night again, I also know that another band called pinhead have had their own show cancelled that was due to take place this Friday cause they are a hard rock band and therefore cannot be trusted.
    I might have gotten a few facts wrong, but as I said I was not there, and If I am wrong, then I would definately apologize to the band in question, but I have no idea why Fintan would lie to me about this, and I don’t know why Voodoo would all of a sudden cancel our gigs on us despite us having filled their venue for them every Friday and I certainly don’t know why a band whom has nothing to do with GigSmart would out of the blue email us, and tell us of their gig that is due to take place in Voodoo this Friday having been cancelled due to a band that we put on last Friday that caused a stir of trouble, and hold us responsible for this event.
    Now the band in question, don’t care about what they have done, but they have single handedly ruined what was a good oppurtunity for us to create a descent scene, bands are going to miss out, we put alot of work into creating a relationship with Voodoo and Eamon Dorans and all it takes is one ****head to **** it all up.
    If I had of been there then maybe things might have been different, but all I will say is that if I had of been there and this had still of happened then someone would have spent the night in hospital, might have been me, but someone would definately have gotten hurt that night.
    Now you are all big and ugly enough to be held responsible for your own actions, and I just hope that some of your have been enlightened to the concept that what you do can cause a long lasting effect so be smart about how you handle things.
    The future is bleak for GigSmart, personally I have some Dorans Gigs which I am committed too but after that its adios, I am not going to bust my balls and then have it all pissed away just so some asshole can think that he is Sid Vicious re incarnated.

The band was called Last Rites and if you are ever putting together a gig and are in need of a support band try to steer clear of them queers.

Regards.

Niall.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭stigma

not to be confused with LAST RITES former members of The Nephilim (UK goth band)

Advertisement