Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jedi Archives - A coincidence ?

• 12-11-2002 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

This is very interesting.

Jedi Archives

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Err...Links broken:) What was it anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I think its somethiong to do with Trinity College. Apparently the people at TCD think that the Star Wars people ripped off the layout of one of there libraries/archive places and used it in Episode 2.

Anyone else hear that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Through the amazing power of memes, this story appeared on Slashdot yesterday. You can read all their nonsense here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw this on News2 last night. My first thought was "f**king star wars geeks..."

God almighty... what do they think they're going to do - sue Lucas ?

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I saw the film for the first time the other night and it was the first thing that occured to me actually. The archives are almost exactly the same as that room in trinity. However, im pretty sure that a lot of librarys look like that.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

jedi_archives.jpg
    Trinity Long Room.*

longroom_sml.jpg
    Jedi Archives.*

Seems pretty obvious to me. In fact, let me rephrase, blatant would be more accurate.

To quote:
    The similarities are obvious, from the arched barrel vault running the length of the room to the double height book stacks. Even the busts and statuary of the Jedi Archive mirror the busts of figures from the academic world in the Long Room.

I disagree with Dustaz, I was always under the impression that The Long Room in Trinity was renowned as quite a unique design.

*I am aware that I have the titles beneath the pictures the wrong way around, this was intentional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by TmB
    God almighty... what do they think they're going to do - sue Lucas ?
    AFAIK, Trinity just want "recognition"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

The words 'identical copy' spring to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i think it is very convenient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Now its your turn to hand over the cash, Lucas

• Advertisement

Jesus samson, i stand corrected. Go Go Gadget Pictorial Evidence Skillz!!! pld:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

You know dustaz, at the start of the thread there was a link posted ... if you followed that thread you would have seen for yourself;P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by OSiriS
    You know dustaz, at the start of the thread there was a link posted ... if you followed that thread you would have seen for yourself;P

He's old and senile, it's not his fault.

rofl, oops :)

I clicked the slashdot link instead and became increasingly frustrated as i usually do whenever im on that site :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

I thought it way back in May when I saw the film for the first time but I actually just kind of assumed that trinity had allowed them use it!
    what do they think they're going to do - sue Lucas ?

no Trinity dont have any plans fro legal action...they actually reckon that they stand to gain from it because now in addition to the thousands of tourists they get every year they'll also have Star Wars fans paying to see the blueprint for the Jedi library!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by aine
    I thought it way back in May when I saw the film for the first time but I actually just kind of assumed that trinity had allowed them use it!

My girlfriend broke out laughing in the cinema when she saw it. She recognised it as the Long Room, and I didnt.

Funny thing is I'm Irish, and she's Swiss.

DOH.

jc

Surely Lucas can afford to buy them off. Mabey a new school wing or two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

maybe he send a few Nerd Destroyers instead be way more fun :D

kdjac

Advertisement