Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No ITV,Channel 4 on FTV Card

• 12-11-2002 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hello All,

I got my hands on a FTV card that was married with a different box. When I put the card into my own box I thought that I would receive ITV,Channel 4 and Channel 5 no problem. I can only get Channel 5. On ITV and Channel 4 there's a banner that comes up saying to ring a UK number to have the card upgraded or something. Does anybody know what I should do here? What are my options to get the channels back?

Thanks in advance,
    Mark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

Leave the card in.
    These channels will activate in about 2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭osullima

Cheers for the tip. I'll try that tonight!!
    Thanks,
    Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭sergeant121

Why not just ring the number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by Leesider
    Leave the card in.
    These channels will activate in about 2 hours.

Sorry, but why should the card work if it was married to a different box? just curoius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

The commercial channels (ie ITV, C4, C5) are supposed to work on an unmarried card. The BBC channels will only work on a married card.

That's how it's supposed to be anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭osullima

Well that worked when I left it in overnight. :) Cheers for the help Leesider.

Advertisement