Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie for cty

Options
  • 12-11-2002 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i was looking for stuff about ctyi on the net and found this board. hope ye don't mind if i ask a coupla questions aout ctyi.
    i did the exam last year and qualified but i didn't go during the summer cos i wasn't sure about it. my older sister went in 94 i think and she had a good but not a great time. just wondering what reasons people would give me to go

cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Well you can always look at the "What is CTYI?" Thread a the top of the page to get a general idea of the reactions of people.

For me it was fantastic, met great people and made great mates (even if they backstabbing *dramatic-sob* at times) (and yes, i am taking the piss).

If you relax and are generally not a prick then you should have fun.... does it get better than that? :)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Hey I went in '94.

Who's your sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

the reason i kept/keep going back is the people and the craic. i really enjoyed all the courses i took too but its fun. as staff or student.

typedef i was there in 94, who u?

Brian O'Donoghue. Pyschology.
    I hung out with (still do in fact) Simon Fuller. English.

I also know Hewson Maxwell and Hugh Denman who were on the Computer Programming thingy in 1993.

I know another fella called Peter Sheridan (from Saturday stuff in 1995). Also assorted chicks.

And who were you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate the caterers for the great job they did of the meat flavoured project this year. I only gagged once a day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

Originally posted by Typedef
    Brian O'Donoghue. Pyschology.
    I hung out with (still do in fact) Simon Fuller. English.

I also know Hewson Maxwell and Hugh Denman who were on the Computer Programming thingy in 1993.

I know another fella called Peter Sheridan (from Saturday stuff in 1995). Also assorted chicks.

d'you know my sister? justine doody? hew and hugh are two of her best friends, she was there in '94 too.
    sHep :cool:

ciara loughnane mm2 in '94 was there 95,96,99,02 as well
    i rem hugh and peter sheridan sounds familiar for some reason,

justine

Ah yes. Actually we lived on the same street for umm twenty two years, assuming that is the same Justine we are speaking of. I only know the one Justine, so I guess that kind of narrows it down.

ciara loughnane mm2 in '94 was there 95,96,99,02 as well
    i rem hugh and peter sheridan sounds familiar for some reason

Wait a second, exactly how old are you? 02?

I'm having difficulties putting faces to names, easiest way is to post a picture of yourselves to the 'Know your nerds thread' on After hours, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Ceewa was an RA in '02 . . .

hi bob!

ra in '99 too. i just cant get enough of the place.

not posting any pics of me anywhere!!! i look different now than i did in 94 trust me, ask anyone who was at session one this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

go to ctyi. go on. ah ye will.
    'cept the food this year was disgustingly horrible and all you can do with the meat, especially the chicken, is make boats out of it.
    the muffins from spar are good though.

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate the caterers for the great job they did of the meat flavoured project this year. I only gagged once a day

was that not from eating the lubricant?

Originally posted by ceewa
    not posting any pics of me anywhere!!!

Unless you've sprouted tentacles, I reckon I can handle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

ciiiiiiiiiiiiiarraaaaaaaaa......ciiiiiiiiiiiiiaaarrrraaaaaaaaaa....bring me some lilt and muuuunchieesss.....my mommy alllllways brings me lilt and MUNCHIES!!! ciara!!! i miss you!!

now, on to the original question. GO TO CTYI!!!!! I love it , it is the best place on earth. you will make friends that will last forever and be some of your closest friends. plus, you will probably learn alot and might get some action at a disco!!

i misses u too claire! email me tell me all de news.
    guess i'll have to come visit u next summer and bring u some lilt and munchies, just to keep u quiet ;)

and claire knows all about action at discos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

going to CTYI was the BEST choice i have ever made in my life. seriously. it was f*cking apesh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and try IR, its great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hey Shep, was your sister a TA for Classics this summer, session two? Cause my TA there was called Justine Doody. Ask her does she remember David Franklin from her class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

CTYI is one of the best things that ever happened to me, its right up there with being born! I wasnt sure about going either at first, it was 2 or 3 years ago, and i was only 12 and all small and shy and quiet and innocent and stuff.......how things change........... :p
    But seriously, Ive made some of the best friends ive ever had because of CTYI, and the three weeks you spend there are just.........the best.......its what summers are all about! Ive only got two years left, and i dunno what ill do without my precious CTYI........... :(

So in conclusion: Go. You wont regret it.

i'm sure she does remember you david, i remember you anyway. :)

Who were you? And does that mean she is your sister?

i was chloe. yes that does mean she's m'sister, as was your instructor, aude. betcha you're really confused now...:p if you don't remember me by name, i was the one with the black hat who was slightly crazy for those three weeks (and most of the time anyway) and wore goth clothes occasionally, as i tend to do. i had pink hair for three days too. ah, the memories..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Pfft, Chloe, your pink hair was no match for my pink scalp :)

Anyhoo, yeah, CTYI is damn good. and a good way to spend a summer. oh well, now i'll have to go get a job *hehe* or something next summer. Out into the big bad world. all on my own. Poor World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

i don't think i really need to add anything.most people who go to ctyi really enjoy it,including me.if you're into pondering the mysteries of the universe,philosophy is sooooo cool.i mean, this much <
    >

*laughs at neil*

I thought the girl with pink hair was Roisin. I hace a scar on my arm from her teeth.

<Optimistically shows off scar>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Moni

David,
    you aren't going to get it straight now if you haven't yet.

Chloe said her hair was pink for a few days. roisin's was for the whole time.. or most of it(?). something like that..

just give up. heheh. :D

Originally posted by foobar
    Pfft, Chloe, your pink hair was no match for my pink scalp :)
    heheheh, that was funny. but you made a good pimp at the last disco...so funny....:) ah, they were good times.

roisin had pink/red hair all the time. i was the other one who hung round with her most of the time. usually we would be seen sitting on our own somewhere, glowering at the whole ctyi population. it was funny, we almost went insane...:D well, we did actually....hmm, methinks the talking should stop now.

I think I have it now, and I will not give up.

Were you the girl with the purple, velvety dress. I remember that for some reason. I might have swung you around or played pass the person with you or something like that at one time or another.

Now I'm either really confused or right.
    The scales of justice hate me.

Advertisement