Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Snes9X

• 12-11-2002 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

a new version of snes9x came out yesterday. not much changes really, some hacks to get some non working game going and a new spc7110(or whatever its call) core.

it also has the added advantage of being
    sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. just try running yoshis island and you will see what i mean. incredibly the frame rate counter claims its flying along at 60 fps when it clearly is not.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

[Rant]God damn it!:mad: why is it that every new version of an emu get slower instead of faster these days? WinUAE, Zsnes and Final burn for example. The only emulator I use often that hasn't is the mega drive emu Gens(A great emu) it's getting faster. I've seen this mentioned on an number of emulation boards and most people download the new version then revert straight back to the older version! All ready it's going nuts needing a bloody P4 4Ghz to run Crusin USA in MAME...soon enough a minimum 2ghz will be needed to run pong and Space invaders:rolleyes: I mean the Snes was emulated perfectly a few years back, adding in a few new filters etc should in no way introduce that kind of poor preformance...[/Rant]

Advertisement