Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible wireless woes

Options
  • 12-11-2002 9:39pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I bought a wireless network card on ebay a while back as I wanted to set-up a wireless network in my house between my Desktop and Laptop. The card's a PC Card 11Mbps Enterasys RoamAbout CSBID-AA - for the laptop. But now from reading on the Enterasys website there are different versions for Europe / America etc. so.....basically what i want to know is: If I go and buy a wireless network card for my Desktop in some shop here, in Ireland, will it work. If so are there any regulations I'd be breaching by using this card in Ireland?

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

it will work fine with any card you get as long as it's 802.11b, as for regulations dont we have more channels available here then in the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

the only difference is we get to use 13 channels instead of the 11 they can use in the US. There's a 14th channel, but I can't remember where you're allowed use that.
    The cards will talk to each other just fine as long as you buy another 802.11b card,
    quozl

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Thanks Guys

Advertisement