Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using headphones through the CDRW drive

Options
  • 12-11-2002 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭

I wanna plug my headphones into the (only) headphone socket on my system - that of the CDRW drive (a Philips 8/4/32 roughly mid2000). Currently, only the audio from proper audio CDs can be heard from it.

I'd like to know if I can pipe all audio through that headphone socket, by connecting the soundcard to the cdrw (there is already a connection that takes audio from cdrw and feeds it to the soundcard [essentially I want it the other way - sound fed into cdrw])

The soundcard in question is a SoundBlaster Live Value!

Is it workable?

All my other sound-related sockets are in use.

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

why not use the speaker output at the back of the soundcard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭oneweb

'cos it's a digital output in use by the speakers.

Plus the rear of the case in pretty much inaccessible where it's located compared to the front.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Good idea man one definitely for the future but sadly not for the present. It cannot be done. The audio connection at the back of the CD drive is an output not input. No inputs available atm. U gotta find another way around it.

Advertisement