Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/cheapest place to buy cat5?

Options
  • 13-11-2002 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,
    Where's the cheapest place to buy cat5/cat5e cable,connectors, crimp
    tool etc.?

I want to set up a home network.
    I only need around 50m of cable.

Lecan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Humphrey

ITDirect in parliament street Dublin is cheap for that kind of thing. Although thats all its cheap for.!!!!

H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Maplins down by Parnell street was very cheap last time I was there to buy cat5.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

For the heads, try Peats
    I picked up a servicable crimper and some cheap heads in there during the summer.

Specify Fast™Cat5e heads and cable too though, especially the cable, and doubley especially if you're actually wiring the house with it, not a "left out through crack in door" job.
    You never know when Gigabit will sound nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

The cheapest around for CAT5E, only 67 yoyo's including postage for 305 metres new.
    If anyone finds it cheaper in Ireland, please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

After taking a quick look at the site I couldn't find any RJ-45 cable or heads.

Do they have a catalogue somewhere?

• Advertisement
Advertisement