Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can this be done!!!!

• 13-11-2002 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭

I am looking for software that will allow my computer to log off the net and swith off automatically when Kazza has finished downloading a list of MP3. I want it to do this so i can have a sleep while it downloads songs.

I know i can do this with programs like DAP and godzilla.

But i dont download MP3's with that program so please help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Just to avoid you having to download more software:
    Change your idle time in your dial-up properties .. i.e. so it automatically disconnects after 5/10 whatever minutes of non-activity.
    Otherwise just check the estimated time and set that in Getright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Idle time wouldn't work cos kazaa pings out/in doesn't it? And if youre finished d/loading but still uploading, it wouldnt disconnect.

Just estimate how long the download should take, add 10mins and then set it to disconnect :]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Yeah. the idle time thing doesnt work with Kazaa, I use a prog call Sleepy to disconnect & shutdown at whatever time.
    Its got a few other stupid features but it works well enough, Ill try remember where I got it from and post a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Originally posted by PiE
    Just estimate how long the download should take, add 10mins and then set it to disconnect :]

The problem with that is, kazaa is so unreliable and needs to be babysat when you're on dialup, you really can't just leave it and go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

DUMeter, from http://www.hageltech.com is good. It shows you your download rate in a nice lil graph, and can be set to disconnect from the net after a set amount of time and minimum download rate has been reached (ie, when less than x bytes are downloaded within y seconds it'll popup a WARNING box with a ten second countdown 'til disconnect). You can set it to shutdown too.

<edit>It ain't free tho. But there's an easy way round that ;)*

Pay for it :p

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement