Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet Fans

• 13-11-2002 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

The fan i got with my athlon xp 1900+ sounds like a hoover so...

I wan't to get a new, very quiet fan(most important) that i can also overclock my processor with (much less important)

does anyone have any suggestions on what i could buy (on komplett cuz i'm getting a hd there neway)

I no the product descriptions have the noice levels in dB but i don't know how many dB is quiet:( (ne1 no?

thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

k it don't matter i just bought oone on konplett but for anyone who cares 25 dB(A) is considered fairly quiet :)

This thread is pretty useless now so if ne mods want to delete it they should :)

thx

also #tech.ie is very useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭SemperFi

Try the coolermaster HHC-L61 Delta heat pipe HSF. I dont know if Komplett do it but it is on of the quietest and coolest HSF's around. I got one and my cpu temp dropped 12 degrees C. Also the HDDs are louder than it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Just out of interest
    which fan did ya buy?
    as I is going to get on soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

i got a coolermaster CP5-7Jdib-ol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I would recommend the globalwin cdk64 over a cheap coolermaster. The high end , heatpipe coolermasters are good, but the low end gear is noisy and crap.
    The cdk64 seems to perform much better than the cheap coolermaster on an xp1600+ , slightly quieter also ( not as whiny ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Iv got a coolermaster HHC-001 from maplin 80 yoyo's.Good but v.loud, HHC-L61 is a Low noise version of HHC-001

As 'TruckledUncivil' said 25-35 db would be nice.

my temp is 36-38 with an amd xp 2000+

COMBATCOW

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I got a GlobalWin CPU-Fan Socket A/7/370/FCPGA CAKII38 off komplett for 59 euro.

I am running an athlon 2400+ at 32 degrees celcius.

Problem is, it's so ****ing loud.

Slaan.

Advertisement