Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet: Bulletin Boards: First Posts: 80p's first post on the Views board

• 13-11-2002 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

....has to be done :D

I looked down the vbulletin list and spotted this...
    Whats it all about??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Maith a fear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

You can see the Welsh mountains from the summit of Howth on a clear day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

8 mins for the 1st reply at 2pm on Weds afternoon...

Response times slipping...me thinks :)

--
    Oh and I hear, if your orbiting the earth in a Space Shuttle, you've got a great *view* of the Great Wall of China !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

pity not community or regional mods tho...

I would have posted yday had I be able to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Mmmmmmm what an intresting place.

• Advertisement

Ok, got the idea of what its all about.

Prolly best if this can be dispatched to the recycle bin as its appearing on the www.boards.ie/views page.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

1st Post
    ....has to be done

I looked down the vbulletin list and spotted this...
    Whats it all about??

It was with great anticipation that i sat down to read 80projects First Post as i have enjoyed many of his other numbered posts in the past. With more than 1980 posts to his name, it promised to be a very interesting first post to the forum.

However, my intial hopeful feeling was to be cruelly dashed when i actually read the "First Post". 80ps use of the subtopic to begin first question is hackneyed and is nothing new to this genre. Indeed, many other First Posts have used this technique to gain far more entertaining results (Deathgiver99's seminal "Please Read.....LOLOL YUO AER GAY" sticking out as one of the more memorable ones).

Things do improve in the second act of the post however. 80p expertly provides us with some crucial background information on how he found the virgin forum and this provides insight into the mind of a First Poster. However, the chance to reveal some more of the psyche of the intial post is lost as he moves on to more fundamental questions in the climax of his post.

A lot of previous posters have attempted to grapple with the topic of posting to a forum with no posts, but noone has ever done it with the aplomb of 80p. Asking "Whats it all about" in such an ambigous fashion borders on genius. He poses his readers the most fundamental question known to man and crucially, leaves them to answer it themselves. This finale saves this would-be bland First Post and elevates it to new heights in the genre.

A first post worthy of replies, I look forward to reading 80ps future work in this field.

Internet: Bulletin Boards: First Posts: 80p's First post on the Views board - 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Good work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Indeed, I wholeheartedly offer a nomination of 80Project's unparalleled work to be placed in the 2003 Turner Prize.

Stunning Analysis, Dusty :D

ehmm....I suppose we better review the deletion of that 1st post now or this will be meaningless !!

--
    Ahhh, that was a good "wake up" Rofl :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

LOL

Threads merged!

Advertisement