Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Yahoo! groups.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by Pretty Vacant
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ecomandfriends/
    [/B]

ahh, good old ecomandfriends - those were the days

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Most of those groups are deserted because people outgrew them and/or its troublesome being in 6 groups with the same people. We either end up on boards in the end or we abandon ctyi on the internet altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Thats why we set up here, because all of those yahoogroups and mostly mailing lists... which are *really* *Really* annoying.

Or they've got a fundamental set group of people who post to them and they ignore everyone else, which annoyed me.

Plus yahoo! reserve the right to the contents of every group, ie. if you post up a poem/story on them then you have effectively given the copyright to Yahoo!

Plus boards is fun, you can talk to other people too. :)

<< Fio >>

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

i think i set up http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ctyi/
    dunno why you can't join. twas probably moderated or invite only or something cause it's been inactive for years.

i don't give a damn anyway. they can delete it if they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

fizzytings is still going. dunno if bitch is... hehe... remember being pestered to join those... ;p

ctydebate... gah... never actually did join it... was going to but... time constraints and laziness... but yeah... memories etc...

Look up American Pie in google to find a ton of ctyiers sites or at least guestbook posts by them. MANY people you've never heard of. ;p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hmmmm...I'm moderator on a few of these groups, so I should probably say a word or two about them.

ctyidebate is still going relatively strong, but the crowd who hang out on there tend to be the people who left CTYI 2 or more years ago. The group does welcome new members, but not if they're just going to be wittering meaninglessly (only I'm allowed to do that). There generally are some serious discussions occasionally. Don't be scared if everyone disagrees with you, some of us just do it because we like a good argument.

fizzytings is also alive and kicking and is generally a more, well, fizzy place. There are intelligent discussions (just like there's random crap on ctyidebate) but it's more of a place for people to shout at each other.

Both of these groups have an entrenched group of regulars who may seem a bit off-putting at first, but they're generally nice people. Just don't piss them off too much.

Also mentioned have been ctyi-reunion and ctyibitch. These are pretty much dead. Don't bother.

Marty

Advertisement