Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change My Name

Options
  • 13-11-2002 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I cant seen to change my name in the chat room i tryed
    / then my nick it didnt work can someone help me thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

You misunderstood our various attempts at helping you apparently....

when we said /nick - we meant that "/nick" is the command - not a "/" followed by your nick.

e.g.:

/nick harleymama

changes your nick to harleymama

--

[edit]: Perhaps there should be instructions for newbies on the ../chat page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 harleymama

I well try to come back later and try this again. Have a nice day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

How do I change my name spelling from "paddy20" to [Paddy20] i.e. with a capital P which I now think would be more correct.

Many thanks,

paddy20:)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

You've got to petition Cloud for that one, as it's not possible to do through usercp, afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 harleymama

I wish some one would type the right way then the wrong way about how i put my name in the chat room i tryed /nick it didnt work you show me useing harleymama then when i come to the room i well know how thank you

• Advertisement

I am with - Harleymama,

Would be nice to get a straight answer to "BOTH" our questions?, and without the snide remarks! THANKS.

Paddy20:(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Paddy, you are on the wrong*?* end of the __stick I think (!)
    You wan[]t your(?) name changed on ...boards.ie? Speak- to an Admin about it - send an!? Admin a pm, they are very busy so don't expect(expect?!) immediate results.

Harleymama - you want to change your name in irc?
    I can only presume you are using the irc on your internet explorer on boards.ie

type this /nick harleymama

Gordon,

Interesting answer, for a "Newbie FAQ" forum - and your general tone/manner in this instance, is questionable?.

Do you not think that "Moderators" should be a little more "moderate" in their replies.

As in, To moderate:- temperate in conduct or expression, "Oxford English Referance dictionary".

Perhaps, Boards.ie should consider holding a course to teach Moderators how to be more moderate?.

Thanks for your suggestions, but I will not bother sending a PM to "such busy" Admins, during this season of goodwill to all.

So, I have decided to just - go ahead - and use a capital "P" in paddy20 from now on.

Cheers & Merry Xmas to you as well.

Yours,

Paddy20:p

I'll try again:

Paddy20, you have to ask user CLOUD, who is the administrator of these forums, to do it for you, as you can't do it through user cp, which is the link you change most of your settings through.

User CP is the first link under the banner ad at the top of the screen. There's all sorts of interesting stuff in there!

AFAIK= as far as I know.

Ah paddy20, you're some troll for one troll.

• Advertisement

Gordon,

What is a troll??..

Paddy20:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

trolls - are - silly? "people" who - should - "be"? ignored??. paddy :p :rolleyes: :) :cool: :eek: :o

Gordon,

Please note, my name is Paddy and I would be grateful if you would stick to using it.

Otherwise, I may stoop to your level and refer to you as something I guarantee you would not appreciate?

Just "Cool it " O.K.

Paddy20:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Paddy20 = bubbles?

rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by paddy20
    Gordon,

What is a troll??..

Paddy20:rolleyes:
    A "troll" is a - person - who? deliberately causes "trouble" and - strife - by acting? the arse??!.

Celt15:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I also?! think??? that bub?bl?!es! i?s! p?!?a?!!d???!!d?!??!?!y???!!?!?!2????!??!?!?!?!0???!?!

Tizlox :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Celt15 - has - "explained" it? - rather - "well", paddy20??.

rich25:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by richindub2
    Celt15 - has - "explained" it? - rather - "well", paddy20??.
    Thank "you" for - your - support? richindub11?.

Celt15:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

"SERIOUSLY" - Dustaz (???Real 'name'?__Think not, I do) - *THIS* Paddy20 - Paddy20 thing IS getting, becoming tiresome!!!??? Can _YOU_ please?? STOP!!?

• Advertisement

thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement