Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ooh a new board?

Options
  • 26-03-1999 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

what kind of Design.

I'm just curious as I'm getting TruSpace 4 full version in a couple of days, so I may have questions smile.gif

Like whats a Nerb?

http://www.caligari.com

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Erm - game design. Levels, models, skins, TCs - you name it. This page probably doesn't show all the posts here (last 10 days by default) and someone was asking about people working on games etc. Check it out maybe.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Well Truspace afaik will do 3DS format models. I take it those can be converted into various Quake models? What's Q3 using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hmm... if you can convert into 3DS, you can convert into anything from there. We're probably going to use 3DSMax as our character modeller for SF9, because Character Studio is sooooo comprehensive.

I personally don't like TruSpace, but then, I'm a LightWave-head who started out on POVRay... tongue.gif

mata ne!
    Rob

Oh, and a Nurb is a method of modelling smooth curves rather than ones made up out of lots of polygons. It's kinda like the bezier lines you get in 2D drawing packages like CorelDraw (you know, the ones with the little handles off the nodes that change the curvature) only done in 3D.

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I found the original truspace to be ok, but a bit clunky. However the new one is pretty cool.

They have a "skeleton/skinning" option. Where you can take IK object and convert it into a skeleton. This allows you to put muscles and skin on it with ease. Basically it will reform the muscle as the skeleton moves. Also supports gravity/wind and other bits. So you could have a model walking with a wind blowing against it, and it would do something like the hair flowing.

Mine only came with a 550 page manual, so it's not that comprehensive smile.gif (No Python script information).

• Advertisement

Seen Nendo yet?

http://www.nichimen.com/

It's an utterly gorgeous modeller, very intuitive, and the method for painting textures direct onto the model is really nice... It even lets you plonk decals down in 3D... mmm smile.gif Only $99 as well, so I'm buying a copy.

As renderers go, I like 3DSMax and Lightwave, with preference to Lightwave on the basis of look and feel... Neither of them are exactly intuitive though!

Mata ne!
    Rob

Advertisement