Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ive been thinking (ooonoooo)

Options
  • 14-11-2002 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

What with the post about ADSL enable exchanges and me living in the arse end of knowhere.I wanted to find out how many people share the same exchange as me ?.The reasoning behind this thought was that if i could get some figures as to how many people use the exchange it may give me some indication as to how quickly my exchange might b upgraded.Also i know our townland is one of the biggest in the area so hopefully the exchange will be a biggy too :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Err, you might get a better response if you told us what your exchange was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

Not a bad idea... We could have a map like www.shacknews.com has: http://pages.infinit.net/rudyj/shackmap/
    but for boards.ie people. It would be useful for figuring everyone's exchange out, but it would also be neat for other uses..

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Originally posted by Lord of Terror
    Not a bad idea... We could have a map like www.shacknews.com has: http://pages.infinit.net/rudyj/shackmap/
    but for boards.ie people. It would be useful for figuring everyone's exchange out, but it would also be neat for other uses..

Good idea alright. If I get time (not very likely!) I'll change my page into some dynamic php thingy to take all the details for the Cork biys and wans. to gauge likely demand for DSL at an exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Sorry guys me being as clear as mud there,What i actualy ment was is there any way to find out how many people are connected to my local exchange facts and figures wise.For aguments sake my local exchange is toomavara in tipperary its approx 2 miles from where i live I know there wont be many people from these boards connected to that exchange but if i could find out wether there was 500 houses or 5000 connected to that exchange i could geustermate whether im likely to see ADSL 5years from now or never.In other words if there are only 20 houses connect im bollixed.
    I would ask my local Eircon offices but i think we can all guess how far id get with that aproach :(.

Lord of terror and timod have got an idea there :) If we could map boards users who can reach eircons lines then maybe they could share the cost of the line rental via wireless connection with other members close by who cant get there own line.I know Eircon wouldnt like us sharing and mapping us out would leave us open to the dreaded rat pack attack AKA Eircon death sqads.:D

Advertisement