Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite Nirvana album?

Options
  • 14-11-2002 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

Just curious since Nirvana is once again in the limelight, which of all of Nirvana's releases (non-bootlegs) is your favourite?

And the stumper - from your favourite, if it was taken off you and you were allowed to keep one track, which would it be?

(One, mind you - ceann amhain!)

To start off mine would have to be In Utero. If I had to choose one track, it would be Radio Friendly Unit Shifter.

Which is your favourite Nirvana Album? 42 votes

Bleach
    0% 0 votes
    Nevermind
    16% 7 votes
    Incesticide
    30% 13 votes
    In Utero
    4% 2 votes
    Unplugged In New York
    30% 13 votes
    From The Muddy Banks Of The Wishkah
    16% 7 votes
    Nirvana (.. "best" of..)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

yeah it`d have to be nevermind , and as for the one track , i guess it`d have to be lithium.:)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

In Utero... definately.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd have to agree with dun do bheal with In Utero and Radio Friendly Unit Shifter.

Although, I could be swayed for Pennyroyal Tea...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by Kharn
    Although, I could be swayed for Pennyroyal Tea...

I would have opted for that if it had been the version of the "best of" album. But I think RFUS has the edge, at least for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

In Utero for me aswell

And I'd probably keep..."Frances Farmer will have her Revenge on Seattle."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mine would be Bleach

the song i would pick is Negative Creep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Nevermind / Pennyroyal Tea

Originally posted by Celt
    Nevermind / Pennyroyal Tea

Mistake or have you got a strange foreign version of Nevermind? Pennyroyal Tea is released on In Utero in Europe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

In Utero for definite

bought it the day it was realeased here in 93 and have listened to it at least once a week since hehe

therefore it is impossible for me to pick a single track to keep, but if forced it'd probally have to go for....hsb/all apologies/rfus

(sorry cant pick just one hehe, it really does depend on my mood)

btw, did anyone hear dave fanning tonite on 2fm doin a review type gig of the Journals ?

it was interestin stuff - the reaction from the public and journalists was pretty good overall

they played a few news clips of the announcement of kurts death then faded into the intro of 'all apologies' - very cool stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

hmmmmm....i have a soft spot for incesticide and it has my favourite ever nirvana track (aneurysm, though i prefer the version thats on the smells like teen spirit single)....but i think my favourite to listen right through would be in utero, radio friendly unit shifter being the highlight ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    Mistake or have you got a strange foreign version of Nevermind? Pennyroyal Tea is released on In Utero in Europe :D
    Favourite Album / Favourite Song

Their different.

Misunderstood that you misunderstood :D
    Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    And the stumper - from your favourite, if it was taken off you and you were allowed to keep one track, which would it be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jumbde

Bleach-School,Mr.Moustache,Big Cheese

Nevermind-Lounge Act,In Bloom

In Utero-RFUS,Very Ape,Pennyroyal Tea,HSB

Incesticide-Dive,Aneurysm

And 'You know you're right' rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PointyTeeth

Tough decision - probably Bleach / Negative Creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

In Utero | Rape Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭rubyseyes

in utero definitely....masterpiece of a concept album.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

Nevermind and Lithium

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Pep
    Nevermind and Lithium

same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I dunno, Have all their albums bar Incesticide, and I love the Unplugged in New York, Suppose cause its live, but I think Their version of My Girl/Where did u sleep last night is brilliant.

Pennyroyal Tea is class also..

Have yee forgotten poly!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Doodee
    Have yee forgotten poly!

If I'd picked Nevermind it would've been Polly. Really cool song to play on the guitar - especially since it's dead easy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lanod44

Bleach is definately my favourite. I'd have a hard time choosing between school and negative creep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭rien_du_tout

In utero for best album
    probably........................frances farmer closely followed by heart shaped box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lanod44

I dont think muddy banks is as bad as that poll suggests. Its better than the "best of" anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

muddy banks is no way as good as the best of

i found most of the songs on muddy banks lacked passion and were chosen simply because they were the best quality recordings

dave and krist said the listened to 100s of live nirvana records and chose the best....hmm, their definition of 'best' must be a hell of alot different to mine
    (no songs from reading 92 ? - lithium or slts from that show is way better the ones on the album, or rome 94 ?)

also the best of album is actually pretty damn good - listen to the remastered 'about a girl' on it, ****in amazing
    as is 'been a son', slts, lithium etc etc - and as for ykyr...simply sublime

yes, i know its an obvious money grabbing exercise by cheap assed record execs, but if u can look past that its still a damn good album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Bleach.....at the moment and has been for a long time now i guess...

When they were still around though i thought In Utero.

It changes with time sign of a good band... (king of the understatment)

Originally posted by Pyure
    i found most of the songs on muddy banks lacked passion and were chosen simply because they were the best quality recordings

I have to agree. I bought Muddy Banks shortly before Pearl Jam's Live On Two Legs, and though that the PJ one was much better done. Still love Muddy Banks though.

Advertisement