Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats to Murder of Crows

Options
  • 14-11-2002 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Well done to the guys in Murder of Crows who played in the final of battle of the bands in the TBMC last night. Not only did they play 3 great songs, they won!
    If anyone out there hasn't seen these guys, go check them out. I believe they're playing in Voodoo tonight.
    Congrats again lads and cheers for the song! Looking forward to hearing the EP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Fair play indeed. Nobody deserves it more than the lads. I can't make it to Voodoo tonight unfortunately cos we're playing in Eamonn Dorans, but have a good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Well done to the Murder Of Crowes ......

Dearly beloved , allow a bit of self indulgence here as I relay my experience of the band that is Murder of Crows....

It was probably just under a year ago when we met two lads, emmensely enthusiastic , full of energy and full of "the rawwwwkkkk music". I remember listening to the demo recorded in Sean or Grahams front room when we met in Doyles at one of the earlier gigsmart meetings and thinking "**** this is good".....the lads were only together a handful of weeks but had written the now classic it would seem "Part time Saviour" which really stood out on the three track demo and was played regularly on the Steve Conway morning show(Of course he did the mans a legend!!!!). The song was included on the first gigsmart compilation which we are very proud of!!!. From there the lads turned up at almost every gig gigsmart put on to support other bands and to hook up with other like minded heads on the scene, they also played a few International slots and adapted their music to an acoustic set and always pulled it off admirably. With line up changes the band became complete, more stable and rounded. From the regular contact we had with the lads we knew they were working hard on the live set.

In August we got to see just how hard the lads had been working http://www.gigsmartireland.com/reviews.htm (Scroll down the page)when they delivered a balls to the wall set in club mono alongside Otranome and Ginseng....the guys were the diamond of the night and were impossible to follow it has to be said.
    To date the lads have continued to busy themselves around the Dublin scene organising their own rawkin roadshow playing venues around the city but have always made an appearance on the gigsmart scene to support other good friends they have mde within Gigsmart

These guys are another example of what a "band" is and what a band should be, all of them .....and at this very emotional time (heheee) I feel like Im watching one of the birds fly from the nest as the lads enjoy their success as victors of the IMRO showcase.....

I just want to say that Gigsmart takes pride in their success and their involvement with Gigsmart , I'd like to think we helped the lads out in some small ways and right now I feel like patting all at Gigsmart on the back and Im sitting here thinking it couldn't happen to a better bunch of lads......nice guys don't finish last, they rawk like motherf**ks and win competitions.

Well done Murder of Crowes, you've represented your scene well!

21 gun salute , for you guys truely raawwwkkkk

Fire!

Live long and Rawkk
    From all at Gigsmart Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

http://www.gigsmartireland.com/ to see our little tribute...nice one Chris!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Rob. C

well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

...........and party every day":)

cheers lads and lass, we still cant believe it, it was a ****in super night.......got nicely drunk after(and before) our victory.....

cheers to gigsmart aswell and trev for your kind words.....it really does mean alot......and winning means the release of our ep alot sooner than we'd expected.....

looks like our gig tonight may be cancelled so you'll probably see in dorans tonight celebrating the birth of trev and rockin out to the knomes, writhe and dollar short:)

peace&love
    mr crow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

no Voodoo gig? Dammit. The Dorans gig should be moved to Voodoo coz then I can park around the corner...ah well, might make an appearance in Dorans later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

Originally posted by Trev M
    These guys are another example of what a "band" is and what a band should be, all of them .....and at this very emotional time (heheee) I feel like Im watching one of the birds fly from the nest as the lads enjoy their success as victors of the IMRO showcase.....

Well done Murder of Crowes, you've represented your scene well!

hehehehehehehe this was so funny, my throat is all sore, but this surely cheered me up. "band" hahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

Congrats to the Crows - we had the pleasure of meeting them in the semi-final and they rocked that place. Well done guys you really deserve it.

Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've no idea who Murder of Crows are... this image just seems appropriate ;)

crows.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

jive,you units!

tre,you must have solid fingers to keep on typing pages and pages *of bull****;)* every time you post!

your lady is a lucky unit!

• Advertisement
Advertisement