Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help required - invitations etc...

• 14-11-2002 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

wasnt quite sure i should put this but here goes anyway....

i have been looking around on the net for a s/w that i can create invittions and the like on.
    i have found two which i downloaded from Download.com but neither are up to much.
    the reason i need the software in question is that my sister is getting married next year and were she to get all teh stationary done professionally it would cost upwars of €2,000.
    so i said i would see if i could find some package on the net to do it for free or by any means a lot cheaper.
    so if anyone knows of any software of the like or can poin me in the right direction , any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Microsoft Word + Mail merge = invitations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I use Microsoft Publisher for various brochure, gift certificates and fliers. It is easy to use and has a lot of templates to get you started. It might not be "professional" enough for Wedding invites, though and it certainly is not free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i did up a couple of samples with publisher gut i was hoping to do a bit better than that.

but as it stands the efforts from ms publisher are better than the efforts from the 2 s/w trial packages i downloaded.

i could do them in publisher but i would like to get them looking as professionally then as possible.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I did my sis mass booklet in Publisher, took about 10 hours work but it turned out top job with a laser printer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i just gotten a good few images off the web there now i'm going to try ms publisher with these later on and see if there is any improvement!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement