Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pair Gain, DAC's Eircom Usage

Options
  • 14-11-2002 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I ordered a new Eircom analog line 'bout 2 months ago.
    Today the engineer arrived, nice chap, to install the line.

I told him I would be using the line exclusivly for data and i didn't want any degredation on the quality of either the new line or the existing one. He assured me there wouldn't (I am 'bout 1km from foxrock exchange and get fantastic d/l speeds for 56k, above 6k is not unusual.)

Anyways, to cut a long story short he couldn't access the existing box inside the house (i buried it under the floor by accident!).
    He has to get a guy to come out with a GrundMaster to mole a new cable in from the curb.
    NO DAC's box, NO Pair Gain brand new line.

Is it Eircom policy now not to use these line splitting techniques or is it because he coundn't access the box?
    Perhaps he is just a nice guy?

Anyone know?

b

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

it's probably because you showed that you are technically aware of Pair Gains and DACS so they don't want any hassle from you. In other cases(99 times out of 100) people wouldn't know or care what pair gains or DACS are so €ircon will screw them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

no, it's eircom policy. Read the Copper Loop Frequency Mgt Plan on the eircom website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭molinaalexis

Can someone explain in detail about this, so all of us gain from the experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

search for DACS and ILLEGAL

highlight was talking about this report
    http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/clfmp.pdf

Advertisement