Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting to boards with Eircom?

• 14-11-2002 5:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but i tried to connect to boards with Eircom.net with no joy. I was able to visit other sites when connected just not boards. Pinging boards also timed out.....So disconnected and dialed up with Oceanfree and connected to boards no problem. Disconnected again to try Eircom.net and once again it wouldn't let me vist boards...WTF is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

The link between our hosting provider, Nevada Tele.Com, and Eircom is dead. Nevada is trying to fix it at this time.

Sorry about this :( We'll be moving into the safer, much more comfy arms of hosting-365 very shortly :)

Ok, someone in Energis squared found 50p for the meter, so we're back up and online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Eircom dont like boards. I wonder are they trying to get at our wonderfull forum.

Actually, its not eircom's fault :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by Regi

this time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I've had it happen 2 aswell.
    I'm almost guaranteed it's gonna happen once every couple o weeks.

Besides...your prolly better of w/OceanFree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Im on esat in work and teh intraweb was b0rked today, it must have been a pretty big problem all round?

I'd say it was almost definately unconnected - our outage was due to a dodgy router in the UK, so unless yer going through the energis network, it was a different problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

There have been ongoing Cable & Wireless routing issues, mainly in Dublin for the last few days, which have effected Eircom, and to a lesser degree Esat (although mainly just Esat leased line customers).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

p45.net which is hosted by hosting365 doesn't exactly fly along (even in work where we have a pretty fast connection). Is this because its on a shared server or is it even comparable to the new boards server?

• Advertisement

p45 is on a dedicated server, albeit a very underpowered one. They are also pushing 150Gb of transfer per month.

In comparison, the new boards server is an absolute beast - to which Dev and crew can testify!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I know that that regi and cloud and others who shall rename nameless, do a lot of performace tuning to ensure that response times are as good as they can be... a powerful server can only help the situtation.

Vex

True, but a very underpowered machine cannot simply serve out the pages fast enough :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Plus the p45 guys kick out a HELLOVA lot of bytes due to the nature of their site (they are about as busy as us I think, but their pages are quite heavy).

The new server is a beast of a machine, slightly less cpu then we are using here but we're at least using the dual cpus to their maximum now with some OS tweaks.

The RAM is considerably increased and the HD's are much bigger.
    The main thing is that we own it so we can upgrade it when we see fit or (god forbid) if we ever need to move again its just a disconnect, drive and reconnect job.

From the looks of things Hosting365 is grand though, we've been getting great connectivity from them so I think it will be a good improvement...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by Regi

Dammit they are not even consistent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Im on esat in work and teh intraweb was b0rked today, it must have been a pretty big problem all round?

b0rk (soz 4 blatant sp@m, i just like that word)

b0rk, not sp@m

g00d w0rk dust@z

now i wonder where my letter o key and my a key are...ahhhhhhh:S

Advertisement