Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vb non array

Options
  • 14-11-2002 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Ok I've uploaded the thing I'm talking about just incase you dont understand what Im trying to ask.

Basically my program should take in info chosen like a course which has a cost of £100 and there are other options which cost like practical..
    by pressing confirm these details should be printed which Ive done.

Now theres a next button which leaves the Persons details and then allows them to choose a different course...

The user can keep going untill they decide to click calculate which will put out the final cost of the courses.

Main problem here is that we cant use arrays? any ideas?

also how would I count the people on say the "Maths" course when the course items are in a listbox?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

hi,

1: the posted file seems to be missing something. I don't see where it says don't use arrays. (deal with this later)
    2: Counting people on Maths course. Each time you add someone to a course you need to update a counter that tracks the number of ppl on the course (similarily when you removed someone you need to decrement the counter)

W/o using arrays this get a little harded. You could uses classes but then you have to store the class objects some where (like an array) so thats out

What you could do is use a hidden listbox to store the value but its a bit messy. Are you sure you can't use arrays ()
    ?

e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Just a suggestion but you could use a Collection to store the class objects as you go through the app.

kayos

Advertisement