Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New dialup number for IOL Free (note: NOT NoLimits)

Options
  • 14-11-2002 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hey,

I just connected to SurfNoLimits while ago, and got this pop up notice
    http://home.iol.ie/marketing/iol_notice.htm

saying to switch the number I dial into, havent done it yet, but the number is 1890 924 042. Whats going on? Are SureNoLimits customers being moved to NetSmart?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

What ever you do don't change your number if you don't want to be billed. Take another read of this message.

ATTENTION IOL FREE INTERNET
    ACCESS CUSTOMERS

Thus this only applies to IOL FREE customers only NOT IOL NoLimits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

doh!
    brainfade on my part, I have no idea, how I didn’t notice the bit (In big font) bout Iol Free customers. Guess I just panicked at the thought of loosing SurfNoLimits. Cheers for pointing that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Yeah, it'd suck to lose it.
    I've left the pc on downloading bits of Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee films for about 8-10 hours a night on average for the past two weeks, and 30 hours or so each weekend.

Whoops, isn't that illegal?
    What I meant was, I just left it online doing nothing at all. No downloading of films or such. Yeah.

Really though, flatrate should have been here long ago...

Imagine if you had to pay by the minute to watch tv?
    "WHAT? You just LEFT the tv on all night? Man, how much did that cost? Are you mad or what?"

That's what it's like talking about internet access to say, someone in sweden :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Just edited the thread title to avoid any auld confusion.

I've left the thread here as the number will be needed by people who are using IOLFree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 morges

Originally posted by aCA
    Hey,

I just connected to SurfNoLimits while ago, and got this pop up notice
    http://home.iol.ie/marketing/iol_notice.htm

saying to switch the number I dial into, havent done it yet, but the number is 1890 924 042. Whats going on? Are SureNoLimits customers being moved to NetSmart?

Yet another fiddle to conceal the high cost of internet access!

1890 is for voice and fax traffic, charged at local rates.

Internet access calls using this NDC do not show up on one's eircom bill as internet calls. Instead they are buried with regular local call traffic.

The fact that BT can get away with it is yet another example of the sick state of Ireland's telecommunications numbering space regulatory system.

morges

• Advertisement
Advertisement