Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noisy geforce video card

Options
  • 14-11-2002 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

anyone know where I could get a fan for a Geforce 2 GTI card? The one i have is dying and is so damn noisy and nomatter how much i clean the dust/loosen the screws it starts to make some irritating noises within seconds of turning the pc on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Maplin have the chrome and blue orbs.
    They can be noisy but 7v'd arent too bad.
    Worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Originally posted by ando
    nomatter how much i clean the dust/loosen the screws it starts to make some irritating noises

Eh, the screws are going to rattle if they're loose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

lol aye, phaxx is right there :)

I got a crystal orb on my geforce, its noisey but not in the rattling sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

For my GF2ti I got a Titan copper VGA/Chipset cooler from peats and hooked it up to a Zalman fanmate from OcUK, though maplins also have them now, and at the lowest setting its pretty much silent. You could also do the same with a crystal orb. I've heard removing the grill on the crystal orb helps to reduce the noise.

Advertisement