Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic do Blackburn!

• 14-11-2002 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

With only 20 minutes left to play at Ewood Park, Celtic are 2-0 up, and holding a 1-0 advantage from the previous 1st leg at Parkhead.

It is somewhat premature to say victory is certain(One only needs to think of Liverpool's comeback against FC Basle)but surely, Celtic have won it.

Noice wan Celtic!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

now thats how celtic can play...

great display

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Only saw part of the game from about 40 mins in, Blackburn looked like they had stagefright, no-one was able to take control of the ball and find another blue and white shirt, Celtic on the other hand played like they knew they were going to win, and so did.

Now, what chance a Liverpool-Celtic third round tie?

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yeh not so "jammy jammy Celtic" this time :p

It's a pity Duff didn't really get much of the ball, he's cool to watch when he go on one of his runs, although to be fair to Celtic they had him marked pretty well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

Originally posted by mike65

Now, what chance a Liverpool-Celtic third round tie?

Mike.

Dunno if Id fancy that, but would luv a crack at Leeds
    I was happy as a pig in ****e watching Dunphy eat some humble pie after the game

I wasnt surprised at all that we scored tonight, fully expected goals from Larsson and or Sutton
    I WAS however surprised at the performance, never gave Blackburn a chance to settle and were far more ruthless in front of goal (depsite Sutton and Hartson's howler just after half time)
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

good game from celtic, but the blackburn fans are a disgrace, some of them were leaving 10mins before the game ended and AFAIK, one of their "fans" ran onto the pitch... Whats worse then losing the match is losing fans..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

yeah good result for celtic lets see how far they can go now eh.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Must confess I thought Celtic would get a bad beating in Ewood. Very good result fro them Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

not only a brilliant performance from every player but tactically spot on as well from martin oneill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Celtic were impressive with the 3 prong attack admittedly.
    But the Blackburn Defence was AWOL at times.

--
    They were able to get the Blackburn fans back for the...
    "Are you Burnley in disguise!?" chant

with...
    "Are you Rangers in disguise!?" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

Its Celta Vigo next!.....................

A well, it was nice while it lasted
    :D

Cant see us getting one over on 4th placed team in La Liga over two legs !
    I just hope Celtic give a good account of themselves and Ill be happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i loved the match, good to see celtic going through with a great performance.

However what annoyed me was the english supporters all making arrangements to have fights after the match :mad: and there was some trouble afterwards i hear, this is one of the main reasons why i wouldnt want celtic to play in the english leagues, could imagine this happening week in week out with most of the idiots down there :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

oh and bring on celta vigo !! :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

most of the good first division managers are failed premiership managers, Paul Jewll, Harry Redknapp etc etc :)

I would be willing to bet my life on Dave O'L not getting the job back! I think Roy Keane is further up the list!

Maybe Mick Mc?

Advertisement