Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kazaa problem

• 14-11-2002 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

whenever i use kazaa (both normal and lite) my entire system slows down.. webpages take 5to10 times longer to load and everything slows down.. other mates who have kazaa too say that their computer/internet doesnt slow down...

i have a amd1800+ and its only 2 months old.. and cable modem

anyone else get this?

dw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,802 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

u may have spyware on there, use adaware (search for it in google), it should clean it all up for u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

i have adaware.. use it few times a week.. i was on kazaa and now im on kazaa lite.. adaware pics up a few cookies every scan (ive the latest sig file for it aswell)...

dw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

whats Kazaa lite?

a non spyware version of kazaa

www.k-lite.tk/

dw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

How big are your queues/temp files?
    Also, if all your upload is being used your likely to have your download slowed by it as well.

at the moment my temp kazaa .dat files are about 200mb.. got about 2gb on queue... im uploading 10files max (sharing 7gb) upto 8192 kilobits...

dw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Yea mine used to slow down alot, irc would crawl between channel flicks when it was open. I also ran for adware and everytime i did, it would delete a part of kazaa that made it run, so it said and id have to reinstall. I just don't bother with it anymore :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by VacilatoR
    I also ran for adware and everytime i did, it would delete a part of kazaa that made it run, so it said and id have to reinstall. :)

That'd be the part that Kazaa lite help files tell you explicitly not to delete then Phill yeah? :)

.logic.

Advertisement