Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

request for forum KIDS

• 15-11-2002 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Ok as all the young male members of boards freak out completely
    about boards becoming family orintated I'd like to point out that boards is a growing online Community and from what i have seen there are a lot of Parents or parents to be posting here.

It was the new pets section that made me realsie that there was no place for parenting dicussions or rants .
    If you can post about doting on your pet , post pics and ask for help in paper training pets why not kids ?

Being a parent is but one facet of life but why go elsewhere for discussion and support when you already know people here ?

It would put aside space so that those who want not to deal with kids will not have to see threads in other places and get freaked :)

Thanks

Thaed

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

icon14.gificon14.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Tr1n1ty (having two adorable sweet angelic brats... not to mention my nephew and niece!) will surely be interested in this...

Wow, boards gets all grown up.... *sniff*

I think we should call it "Parents" to avoid being invaded by the CS'ers...

Hey I just had a weird flash of a Farside cartoon with me as Noah in the Ark... "Ok, CS'ers CS'ers!... Over here please? Parents, kids ok? Kharn... put the CTYIers down, please!"

Must be something I ... um, never mind...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

i whole heartily endorse this product

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Maybe Parenting maybe a better title as that way it cant be said
    uncles aunts grannies and who everelse has guardainship isnt left out. Kids lives are shaped by all that are in it extended family, close friends of thier parents ect.

There will be more cross over on it then some might think currently as I am trying to wean my 4 yearold off cs and moblie forces.

Thanks

Thead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Could be very helpful.

May need some heavy handed modding to avoid *retards* being smart about kids n all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Great idea Thaed. Bout time too. Kaimera makes a fair point do, mod should be someone with some knowledge about the subject and some maturity would also help. As any parent will tell you there just aren’t enough places around that dish out useful information about parenting, which is of massive importance to all of us, so why not set one up here? Can’t hurt can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yah good idea :)

Tho instead of Kids or parents can it called "Family Life"
    Kinda then can cater for all aspects of Families.

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by DeVore

I think we should call it "Parents" to avoid being invaded by the CS'ers...

heh that just cracked me up :D

good idea tho - this board could have lots of potential

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by DeVore
    Kharn... put the CTYIers down, please!"

Must be something I ... um, never mind...

DeV.
    You fucker Tom! :p

Anyway, a good plan, a good board, and good thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Good idea...

I heartily endorse this yadda yadda and wish to subscribe to your doo-dah

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Offy
    As any parent will tell you there just aren’t enough places around that dish out useful information about parenting

ain't that the truth, talk about winging it!

great idea Thaed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Great Idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Muirthile

icon14.gif (but only if it's called "Parenting" or something else better that "Kids").

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

good idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Originally posted by Muirthile
    icon14.gif (but only if it's called "Parenting" or something else better that "Kids").

How about naming it after that scheme they had in south park to raise awareness of children in the community.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

doorbell.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Done, you'll find it under Society now. The nav will update tonight.
    We'll pick Mods for it later.

DeV.

God I felt weird creating that :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

suggest pre-banning of Shinji WWM Bubbles and Logic1 as their innocent minds just wouldn't be able to handle a board like that:p ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Ah your post gives you away Slydice, perhaps a Freudian-post.

Yes perhaps subconciously it is you who cannot resist the urge to troll.*
    *yes perhaps it is me who cannot*
    *not wait it is.....bwhahahahaha

• Advertisement

:( you spelt my nick wrong

*runs off crying* ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

as if.

ooo smoothe

*hands typedef the happydays fondsey gift set*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Thanks Dev :) and Anyone else that had to click buttons to do this and everyone that has supported the idea

Thanks

Thaed

Advertisement