Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTV Europe Music Awards

Options
  • 15-11-2002 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

how did Kylie Minogue and Sophie Ellis Bextor make it into the Dance category. and then Kylie Minogue wins the ****ing thing. it's a farce

the highlights for me were the Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Moby and the almost naked woman with the nice titties :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

Have to say that it was the worst music awards show ive ever seen. At the same time it was funny when the waiters brought out the champagne and spilt it over the peoples heads. Never ever, ever watching that crap channel again.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched a bit last night - the "best song" award. Nominees - Pink, Nelly, Nicklecrap, Enrique and someone else. Pink won.

When Artists like that are nominated for "best song", I had zero interest in watching the rest of the show.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

yeah this is true - although i did enjoy watching p. diddy making a fool of himself for the whole show.............

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I arrived home just in time to catch Royksopp winning best video, so there is some justice after all. That was a truly outstanding video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

How can MTV have the nerve to call the awards live?They are an hour delayed!If you check German MTV you will see it started at 9:00 german time-8:00 here.And if that wasnt obvious enough they edited out the conversartion between the two gay dudes and the old woman who for weeks now has annoyed me with her"Maaaaarrrvelous"line on the voting ads.God knows who these three are but 10 seconds of audio was cut.Not that I am bothered that I didnt hear her-the less heard from her the better IMO.But at the same time they should not have edited anything after 9 o clock,which is when just about anything is allowed to be said on UKTV.
    Though I was rooting for Nickleback for best song I agree that it is awful that Pink won-shes crap!
    As for Diddy the hosts of MTV awards seldom get a great response from the crowd for their jokes anyway-mainly because 90% of them havent a clue what they are saying,which is why Ali G didnt get a great response for some funny sh1t he said in Frankfurt last year.
    To reiterate yet again MTV prove that they are probably the worst channel in the world with their ”live” awards
    Who the f`uck decided that Nelly should be allowed a best hip hop nomination? He is hip pop,not hip hop. A few years ago when he was actually making quite decent stuff did he get a nomination? F`uck no. But the second he joins up with nsync and releases godawful pop like Hot in Here he is suddenly an artist worthy of recognition. Ah be jaysus no! Who the hell makes these nominations?
    As for the best dance category how come Scooter did not even get nominated? They are one of Europe’s best selling dance groups and yet MTV nominate the likes of DB Boulevard? Jesus Christ how the feck are they classed as dance?
    Mossy who was the near naked woman?I lost all will to watch this rubbish after about 11(yeah,I cant believe i watched two hours neither).
    Worst awards ever.IMO the Stockholm one was the best-mainly because it was actually live and that it had the alternative cameras on MTV2 and MTV Base(the MTV2 one looked like it had been filmed in an undercover operation such was the angle :D )

God though I detest MTV.It has to be the worst channel on sky,even rivalling the shopping channels in terms of crapness.

And Shakira deseved to win at least one award mainly on the shaggibility factor*drools*

Also was Eminem miming?I was sure he was during the USA awards(they obviously dont trust him to omit the words himself).It is just that last night while doing Cleaning Out my Closet when he said the line about his dad with "****"in it i could have sworn i heard a silent sound behind,if you know what i mean.So was he miming most of it and just decided to add in a few minor bad words himself or what?
    WORST AWARDS SHOW EVER

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Also was Eminem miming?
    Definetly, sure he was still singing when he pointed the mic towards the crowd..
    Also.. linkin park (with an amazing acceptance speech).. best rock? WTF
    giving it to a band that haven't released new material in over a year.. should have gone to system of a down/rhcp imo

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    how did Kylie Minogue and Sophie Ellis Bextor make it into the Dance category. and then Kylie Minogue wins the ****ing thing. it's a farce

the highlights for me were the Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Moby and the almost naked woman with the nice titties :)

Kylie Minogue - more like pop/dance
    Sophie Ellis Bextor – yes its dance!

Dance is a broad genre, with many sub genres... “Commercial” Dance, Trance, Hard House, House, Jungle, Garage etc... etc…

and some of the awards were fecked, but remember its the fecked up MTV for teene tots

the show it self wasn’t that bad with Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Moby, the naked woman ("with the nice titties") and the likes of Royksopp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Mossy who was the near naked woman?

i don't know. she went on stage from the crowd. we didn't see enough of her. i also noticed that MTV UK + Ireland had a lovely talk over during the closing credits. thank god for MTV Central who showed it live with no talk over at the end. but it wasn't a great show with my highlights from the 1st post being all that really interested me. but Royksopp were good too, i missed the start of it last night and saw them tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Kylie - Best Dance Act? WTF!!! In the same category that in previous years has included Underworld, The Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers :confused:

Agreed though, best live acts were definitely Coldplay and Moby and most deserving best video Röyksopp (I missed the almost naked woman :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 colorado

i enjoyed them

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

P Diddy/Puff Daddy/Sean Puffy Combes was also complete rubbish at presenting the show! Could do better meself! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

This is Syd_Vicious speaking...

The MTV awards were the worst music awards I have ever seen. P. Diddy could not have been more unfunny & he looked like a real d*ckhead. That Winona Ryder joke was disgraceful.

How the hell did Coldplay only win one award! They are the best band to come out of Britain in years and they lose out to Eminem of all people.

And Linkin Park, Linkin f*ckin Park! They haven't released new material in over a year yet they beat such awesome bands like Korn, System of a Down & P.O.D. MTV just sucks!

The live performances ranged from good (Foo Fighters & Moby), disappointing (Wyclef Jean & Whitney Heuston) to pathetic (Eminem & Enrique)

At least Coldplay & Moby won. That's all I can say.

This has been Syd_Vicious speaking...

Dont like the MTV Europe Music Awards?

see the Boards.ie Irish Music Awards then.. (the links in my sig)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

They haven't released new material in over a year yet they beat such awesome bands like Korn, System of a Down & P.O.D. MTV just sucks
    agreed;)
    also did anyone else find it strange that at the european music awards, only 2 european bands won an award? hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by Syd_Vicious
    And Linkin Park, Linkin f*ckin Park! They haven't released new material in over a year yet they beat such awesome bands like Korn, System of a Down & P.O.D. MTV just sucks!

POD? Korn? SOAD? awesome? dear god no. no. no. no. make it go away. all of which are record-label contrived ****e attempts at kiddie rawk with about as much genuine music-making potential as a tatooed apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 escapeing death

i agree with the remark on p.o.d but although i dont like korn they did at least create an entie genre and are original.and if u listen to s.o.a.d they are diffrent then the rest combineing alot of middle eastern infulences into there music and new tpes of vocals and fight for a good cause the recognition of the armenian genocide

Advertisement