Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two connection questions.

Options
  • 15-11-2002 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Question 1.
    My laptop and desktop at home are connected using 802.11b cards. I want to use the d/t as my internet connection and be able to browse the web on the laptop any where in the house. I have ICS enabled on the desktop (both pcs on W2KPro btw) and the wi-fi connection has client for MS networks,file and print sharing for MS networks, NWLink NetBIOS, NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible... , NetBEUI protocol, WLAN Transport and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) installed on the laptop.
    LAN settings in IE is set to Auto Detect settings, IE is set to dial when a network connection is not present.
    With the d/t connected to the web and the wi-fi connection active, when I open IE on the laptop it tries to find the site (any site) for about a second before giving me cannot find server.
    What more do I need to do to connect through the d/t?

Question 2.
    Working night shifts in a huge company with massive leased line capacity it hurts to see all that bandwidth going to waste in empty offices. Is there any way to configure Kazaa to work from within the company network. I presume I have to tell it which ports to use to get through the company firewall. Are there standard settings or will these be unique to our company/IT dept.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Forget about question 1, some dumbass (ahem) had ICS set to the wrong network connection :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by milltown

Question 2.
    Working night shifts in a huge company with massive leased line capacity it hurts to see all that bandwidth going to waste in empty offices. Is there any way to configure Kazaa to work from within the company network. I presume I have to tell it which ports to use to get through the company firewall. Are there standard settings or will these be unique to our company/IT dept.?

Kazaa works on certain ports (which for the life of me i cant remember offhand). You must open these ports on your firewall as you cannot change them in kazaa

Advertisement