Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping an ISDN link open

• 15-11-2002 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

I have an ISDN link at home to work
    The problem is that they must have the router set to disconnect after 2 mins, ie You reading a mail you click to respond to it and your disconnected.
    I a pain in the h0le.
    I can get around this by setting a continous ping against one of the servers but there must be a better solution.
    Does any one know of a program that will send a packet/s a minute or so?

Thanks
    Deco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Thats obviously idle-disconnect, what sorta router is it ?

Do you have access to it ?

if not the only way is to ping an out side ip.

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

it a cisco 3600 series
    I have access to it but may be a bit reluctent to change any settings ( maybe?)
    What I was looking for is a program that will send a packet or so every minute enough to keep the line open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'd suggest reading the router manual and setting the timeout, its a fairly basic setting really. If not, perhaps just run an irc program like mirc which sends keepalive packets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Advertisement