Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Groups

• 15-11-2002 11:47am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

United
    Juve
    Depor
    Basel

Arsenal
    Val
    Roma
    Ajax

Barca
    Inter
    Leverk
    Newcastle

Real
    Milan
    Borruisa
    Loko

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Fukn hell. some of them matches are goin to be unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Arsenal have it toughest, no doubt about that! I'd say Real and Milan would fancy their chances in Group C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

OMFG. Thats a bloody tough group for the arse. So much for seedings :/

Jesus yet again the gods of jam smiled on Uni'eh , Basel ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

at least we can put to rest the argument wether or not united would have ebat Basle.

some scorchers gonna be played.
    aam really looking forward to it!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

TBH there are no easy groups, the Basle forwards will kill Larry white.

Ajax is probably the weakest team in yer group.

Basle is probably the weakest in ours

So lads will we try and pick the group winners or qualifiers??

Try an auld accumulator!!

United
    Juve

Val
    Roma

Barca
    Inter

Real
    Milan

Just my opinion, this is almost impossible to call just looking at results in the last groups.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think all three English teams have a good chance of getting through this stage. Arsenal have a tough group but Ajax are not that strong and Liverpool got past Roma last year so I think they will come through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

For anybody interested ...

UEFA 2nd round draw ...

Matches to be played on November 28 and December 12
    Wisla Krakow - Schalke 04
    SS Lazio - Sturm Graz
    Real Betis - Auxerre
    Beskitas - Dynamo Kiev
    PSG - Boavista
    Club Brugge - Vfb Stuttgart
    Liverpool - Vitesee Arnhem
    Panathinaikos - Slovan Liberec
    Denizlipor - Olympique Lyonnais
    Bordeaux - RSC Anderlecht
    Malaga - Leeds United
    PAOK Thessalonika - Slavia Prague
    Hertha Berlin - Fulham
    AEK Athens - Maccabi Haifa
    FC Porto - RSC Lens
    Celtic - Celta Vigo

There is a savage smell of plastic of that draw there ciano :p:D

Not really interesting until the next round, some very poor teams there!!

Gwan Wisla Krakow

Vitesse should be easy enough for ye, Fulham have it tough enough and the Celts will have it tough enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

u sound like ur from new kids on the block yop " are you tough enough"

haha

anyway yeah a decent draw for the pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

Are Basel really that good? I mean, it was pathetic to hear Aldridge and Trevor Welch (or whoever was commentating) during the Liverpool mathc the otehr night, going on about 'the rise of Swiss soccer' and applying their halk-baked theories to Ireland's shi t t y result at Lansdowne Road. If it's from Switzerland, it has a Swiss name and they all speak er... Swiss, then it's a sh i t team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Predcictions:
    Depor
    Man Utd
    (ugh not sure about this one, could easily replace either team with Juve but I'll go with these two.)

Valencia
    Arsenal

Barcelona
    Inter Milan

AC Milan
    Real Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I do not think Barca are the power that they were and I quite fancy Newcastle to come through that group. Otherwise I agree with your predictions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

yeah it is quite hard to predict who is gonna go through in these games.............

B-K-DzR

at least we can put to rest the argument wether or not united would have ebat Basle.

Answered...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by yop
    United
    Juve

Val
    Roma

Barca
    Inter

Real
    Milan

In other words, the Italian & Spanish sides + United :p

In other words, the Italian & Spanish sides + United

God knows, have that accumulator on so we will see how it goes!

Advertisement