Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Vote for the Name of the new Server....

• 15-11-2002 2:40pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So it comes down to this:

Choose your preferred name from the three finalists.

DeV.

Name for the new server? 95 votes

cake.boards.ie
    0% 0 votes
    atarijaguar.boards.ie (no this is NOT the 'No Opinion' option! :)
    44% 42 votes
    muppet.boards.ie
    55% 53 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Mods and Admins can change the voting results - so why bother voting? DeVore is just going to make sure the one he likes best wins, prob by a couple of votes so it looks convincing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i voted for atarijaguar in the last poll, but muppet.boards.ie is a better compliment to troll.boards.ie

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by bubbles
    Mods and Admins can change the voting results - so why bother voting? DeVore is just going to make sure the one he likes best wins, prob by a couple of votes so it looks convincing.

lol! So why then, Mr Holmes, would I ask for a vote in the first place? Why not just name the server and get on with it... :)

DeV.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

cake is clearly the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by kaids
    cake is clearly the best.

Agreed, cake rocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I assume that 'bubbles' isn't an option, or is that covered by 'muppet'?

distressingly, muppet seems to be winning though..its rigged !reopen the polls !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

I like cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Regi
    I like cake
    I liek pie but caek is also nice :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

GOOEE CAKE THREE ARENA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

AtariJaguar is the only purely 'boardsian' option, Muppet and cake have their roots elsewhere in society, whereas our very own Amp came up with AJ :)

(If were going for a PR type vote, then Muppet is my second preference:) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

In fairness, adnans and DBC are as much to blame for the Atari Jaguar fetish as I am.

It was a tough decision for me. I like cake, but seeing Atari Jaguar immortalised is also desirable. And my real-life(tm) initials are also strangely AJ.

But at the end of the day, I like cake. And as Sico points out it sounds like Quake. And without Quake and iD systems (cue speech from Dev :p) there might not be boards. Plus it'd be easier to type.

Curse these polls for making me choose between my two loves!!!! Damn your democracy Devore!

Vote for cake. I like cake. You know it mocks sense.

Originally posted by DeVore
    lol! So why then, Mr Holmes, would I ask for a vote in the first place? Why not just name the server and get on with it... :)

DeV.

Because, you want to give the false impression that’s boards.ie is a fair and democratic system, when its really a dictatorship. So you ask people to vote, making them think you'll do what the majority of people voted for.

But like you remind us 'Muppets' all the time, they are your boards, and you can do what you want. Which I have no problem with, they are your boards, and what you say happens. Full stop.

But fooling people into the impression that it’s a fair system is wrong. I don't think that the admins are particularly fair people.. You're all very bias. You may claim to be fair, or as fair as possible, but the bottom line is, you're not. I'm not saying that’s a bad thing, we all tend to look out for mates etc. Some admins to a greater degree than others.

It will be more clear to people if you introduce the karma system again. Because after a couple of weeks of karma, more people can see whats really happening, and then start to moan more. But without the karma there to highlight it, its a bit harder to see. But its there. Admins and some Mods acting like they are superior beings than the rest of the members, if you're not in the 'circle'.

Probably one of the reasons you have so many new members who decide to leave after a few posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

As I write Muppet is trailing....

So C'mon yees Muppets...get clicking.

--
    Vote Rigging...Never!?
    Sure that only happens in Zimbabwe...doesnt it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

AtariJaguar forjebussake.

WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

whereas our very own Amp came up with AJ

I'm sure Amp got a little help from Atari on that one now.

ATARI JAGUAR FOR PRESIDENT ... I mean server!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Because, you want to give the false impression that’s boards.ie is a fair and democratic system, when its really a dictatorship. So you ask people to vote, making them think you'll do what the majority of people voted for.

Yes, lol, I cunningly repeat over and OVER again that this ISNT a democracy. In fact its STILL not really a true democracy because we CHOSE to call this poll and to add certain options to it.
    God we're cunning heheh

But fooling people into the impression that it’s a fair system is wrong.

Yes, I often like to give the impression its a fair system thats why I go on BAN RAMPAGES occasionally. Actually it IS fair... its fair in DeV-World... which is a happy shiny place where it rains donuts... and occasionally sad rabbits with daggers through their heads... but mostly donuts...

It will be more clear to people if you introduce the karma system again. Because after a couple of weeks of karma, more people can see whats really happening, and then start to moan more. But without the karma there to highlight it, its a bit harder to see. But its there. Admins and some Mods acting like they are superior beings than the rest of the members, if you're not in the 'circle'.

This from the person who threatened to leave if we DIDNT retract the karma system? Neh? Answer that one Mr Poopy-Pants!

This links for you bubbles.... from the depths of my heart :)
    http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame75.html

Hey looks like lots of people just voted!

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I had given my vote to AtariJaguar in the last poll, but my mind has swayed to thoughts of cake...
    Eating cake is something to look forward to when you're not eating cake
    10 points to the person who can tell me where that quote came from :p

Typical - Someone gives their opinion on a subject and you get "rebel without a cause" thrown back at you.

I bet the german population where told by the nazi's that jews where humans without a cause, and to ignore and treat them like play thiings.

Oooooops. I invoke Godwin's Law! You Lose

(http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/Godwin's-Law.html)

And I'm sure it hurt your delicate sensibilities that I compared you with a flame warrior... I'm sure you'll just *cry* yourself to sleep... in Nadias arms... tonight. You beautiful sensitive being you...

DeV.

"There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress"

Only if the person you're arguing with happens to be a facist, who wants to suppress the truth, by making crappy laws that are there simply to keep them in power, like ban freedom of speach etc. But DeV is far too clever to do that, instead turn someones (my) argument into a laughing matter, and trying to shift ppl into taking the piss, so they won't give a piss and move on.

Seriously, you've have lost it. Its finally gone to your heads.

• Advertisement

Me, a fascist? You're not Chinese are you by any chance Bubbles? Or a Nationalist? :)

I'm sorry Bubbles, you really have cried wolf FAR to often for this to fly... the indignant rage is wearing thin :)

Perhaps Boston has something to say about all this?

DeV.

ps: I notice you avoided answering my point about the Karma system and how you HATED it before lol.... SUCH a ****stirrer...

No, i didn't avoid it DeV. I missed it. I'll reply to it when I home.

I do have permission to log out of boards.ie do I?

Thanks Master

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

pie.boards.ie > cake.boards.ie

But seeing as pie isnt in the poll: Cake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

atarijaguar is clearly the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

theres only one way to settle this

Atari Jaguar(151 000 results)
    versus
    Cake(2 130 000 results)
    versus
    Muppet(395 000 results)

The gods say Cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet muppet

follow the gourd (I mean teh CAKE!!)

DeV.

Coincidence that DeV's personal choice happens to be winning? I think not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Muppet please let it be muppet. I love it to be muppet.A tribute to everything thats wrong with ireland and what boards.ie is doing to fix it. (or at least talk about fixing it anyway)

Good luck with the new server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

... it's time to light the lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Admins and some Mods acting like they are superior beings than the rest of the members, if you're not in the 'circle'.
    This is so Fortress, all this discussion of " superior members" and "circles" ..... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

CAEK CAEK CAEK CAEK!!!!!"?>££WESSSSSS*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Cake is just a fad, Atari Jaguar will live on forever!

Or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I must point out that muppets are the one adjoining factor wrt the other two options.

Muppets eat cake
    Muppets play atarijaguar :p

Cake does not play atarijaguar and
    atarijaguar does not eat cake.

Therefore (there must be some kind of conclusion here) muppet is the best because Muppets are everywhere and all-important whereas cake and atarijaguar only appear when utilised by muppets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

My inflated sense of moral outrage at the treatment of the west Indies omega tribes people has lead to believe that Devore is none other then Macbeth himself. Devore like Macbeth has slain the mighty and noble typedef, and has cast dispersions of cowardice and rumors of bestiality about the fair and noble prince bubbles. You though, “The prince boards.ie! That is a step On which I must fall down, or else o'erleap, For in my way it lies. Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires for world domination"

For shame DeVore, you had won golden opinions from all sorts, nut instead turned on poor bubbles who was there in double trust. But I suppose, to be admin is nothing but to be safely an admin, upon your head they placed a fruitless crown, And put a barren sceptre in your gripe, Thence to be wrench’d with an unlineal hand, No son of your succeeding.

This prince bubble must be silenced from his righteous quest to expose the rancid evil that is the underbelly of boards.ie to the purifying light of day, you thought. So you gather together the midnight hags of Shinji Amp and wwm, and set about your evil work. “Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble” “Eye of newt and toe of frog, Wool of bat and tongue of dog.” ” By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes” and with that bubbles was not more,

But you couldn’t live with the guilt, you saw bubbles every where, What man dare, I dare: Approach thou like the rugged Russian bear, “The arm’d rhinoceros, or the Hyrcan tiger, Take any shape but that, and my firm nerves Shall never tremble.” (DeVore Irc 12:45)

Such behavior is unbecoming the thane of comeonbanus, but now you rule boards.ie with an iron fish, each new mourn, new widows howl new orphans cry, now your robes hang about your neck, like a giants robes upon a dwarfish thief.

Alas the noble republican nights of the politics board hast slain you, and mounted your head upon a pike for all to see and tremble before, “the loyalist king Devore, butcher of thine Irish culture, Devourer of small children, hast been slain” they cheer

Last time you ask for my opinion on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

n00b question - where is teh poll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Top of the page - select the option you like by clicking on the radio button to the left of the option, then click "Vote" just under.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

thx,

/me slaps myself for being dozy

1000000 votes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Cake.

• Advertisement

What a piece of work is Bubbles! How noble in reason!
    how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how
    express and admirable! In action how like an angel!
    In apprehension how like a god!

DeV.

Sorry my valid imputs on this discussion have been lacking the last couple of days, but I'm having a spot of machine trouble. DeV, you'll pay for ****ing up my machine. You won't silence me, never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

€ircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by chernobyl
    €ircom.

We have a winner :)

How dare you quote hamlet at me, Then came each muppet on his ass

Me thinks him like a weasel!

:)

DeV.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I think this is rigged. There is no way muppet or atarijaguar could have gotten 1 million votes each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

jaguar.boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by chernobyl
    €ircom.

Hmmm, like it. Can I change my vote?

Or like a whale?

• Advertisement
Advertisement