Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freespace

Options
  • 27-03-1999 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here plays any of the following : Freespace, Mechcommander or Team apache?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Armand

I'm hoping to get my hands on Mechcommander....what type of game is it???
    RTS, First person???

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alatar

I play Freespace, but I believe it's terrible over Kali.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Nope Mechcommander isnt first person game. Its more like say Red alert but with you commanding far far fewer units typically 8 or so mech's. It makes it more interesting because you have to be that bit more careful with them, no swarms of tanks etc. Losing one heavy mech can foul up your plans greatly.

If you looking for a first person Mech games then look at the Mechwarrior series( MechNet ), Mercaneries (MercNet) which was a newer version out about two years ago, or Heavy gear ( but thats been hacked to death ). Also the Starseige demo on the tribes disk ( we have the orginal dont we ).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i've played the starsiege beta online, very impressive, much better than the other mech games.

its being released in ireland next month, starseige tribes & starseige in the one box, not just the demo of starseige, its 2 games in 1 box.

Advertisement