Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I dunno... I've managed to befriend a lot of people from all sessions and from many years... and yet there's a lot of people i haven't who i sat beside in class even. I don't think it has to do with CTYI, it's more an issue of people in general. But, in fairness, people here are very friendly for the most part. But just like any other community, it's a bit intimidating looking in cause everyone's using in-jokes etc. So I can kinda understand it...

My point is probably in there somewhere. If not... erm... it's zen. Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 TheProvost

A cheer went up amongst those crowded in the hallowed halls. The applause lapped against the gathered victors, as a gentle tide against a ruddy shore. For the flames had been quenched and peace restored. The people saw their fellows' nobility and they were glad. He who once they called 'enemy' now they named 'ally' - a great triumph and an end to conflict.

HOORJ for a calm, flame free resolution to the points outlined in this thread. And as regards Pokey - my absolute favourite Pokey strip is one I can NO LONGER FIND! It involved Pokey robbing a jeweller and then forcing said jeweller to stick is face in a tray that had been coated in glue - hilarity ensued.

TO summarise:

kitten_sleeping.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

Originally posted by shep the malevolent pixie
    join us! trust me, you'll be better off......
    sHep :cool:

hmm,our uncaring forces haven't struck much interest in the others.perhaps we need badges.OR HATS!or special shoes....

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Provost-thou shalt email that oh so cute and cuddly picture of the kitten to me when I give you my email address on Sunday. And remember, there must be 'Totoro' or I shall whine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I just like to point out, that I'd feel a whole lot better about the inhabitants of the CTYI board, if I were, for example, given financial remuneration to the same

Feel free.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

Originally posted by qwidgybo
    hmm,our uncaring forces haven't struck much interest in the others.perhaps we need badges.OR HATS!or special shoes....
    let's get badges AND hats! that'd be fun actually. what kind of special shoes are you talking about pray tell? would they be the kind with bells? and FEATHERS?! ooh, that'd be nice....
    sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Moni

CTYI *is* elitist, just admit it.
    heh, it's no less great, though.

Chloe, Aideen, I know I'm not here too much, but can I have a hat too!?

we could put the badges ON the hats!!
    and as for the shoes...i didn't know what i had in mind.i like your idea.
    monica,of course you can have a hat!

Originally posted by lordsippa
    I'd like to shift all blame from myself and call you all crazy.

^^^^ my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm gonna get smacked if I ask for a hat, amn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

How about those medieval shoes that turn up and the end and are tied to your knees? As for the badge, can it be in the shape of a green hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I havn't said anything about anything during all this.
    But the time has come

I wanna hat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Moni

Oh, Aideen and Chloe, you trendsetters you. Look what you've started. :)

we're brilliant

all those who want hats can have them,as for the green hand....i would need to discuss that with chloe,the founder and supreme leader of the apathetic ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 TheProvost

A thousand thanks to you, lordsippa. You have reunited me with the glory that is "Pokey the Penguin Robs the Jewelery Store and Causes Havoc for the Owner"

No more shall there be a wailng and a gnashing of teeth, no longer a decrepit and humourless expression. Now finally there is an end to all contempt or malice towards humanity (maybe). You sir, are a king amongst really small bacteria who deign to call themselves 'The Great and Might Gildersneezes'. You are called by their word for pungent, 'Hattaraataa' and are revered for you ability to house all forms of life (as they know it)

YOU'RE A FREAKING UNIVERSE! You're that great!

In conclusion:

I want a hat too!

daddy_hat.jpg

I mean, uh, HERE IS A KITTY WITH A HAT!

cat_b3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Provost, you really need to lay off the acid

I want a tacito...

Wow... this thread went WAY off topic. Oh well.. 't least 'twas done in a fun way...

John... WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR PICTURES!!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Anyone else think Provost is Stephen King? Look at his posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Do not compare Provost to Stephen King.
    His head might swell and explode, thus leaving a rather nasty mess which would really not compensate us for his absence at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

point = lost.
    thread = off topic.
    game = over. :P

<< Fio >>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement