Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caller Display Unit.

• 15-11-2002 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Ever since I got Eircom high speed ISDN line installed my caller display unit will not update itself when starting from scratch. For example if I am changing the batteries, the unit will start at 01/01 & time 0000 & continue on from there. If a call comes in, the unit will display the number that is calling but will not update the date or time. does anybody know a solution to this problem .
    ps. please keep it simple as I have no technical or electricial training.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

For example if I am changing the batteries, the unit will start at 01/01 & time 0000 & continue on from there.

Thats pretty normal right? Nokia Phones must have the time reset if you remove the battery.

I assuming you know how to set the clock?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

The clock in them external displays are set by the exchange. At least they should be. I don't know if ISDN doesn't allow this feature. I use a software based one anyway called isdn monitor. Uses the pc clock and you can add names easily to the numbers so when your mates call it pops up a screen with their names on it. Or else it'll just show the number and logs time and dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Most caller ID units don't have a manual time setting ability. The time is set when a call comes in (The information sent down the line in the first ring has the current date,time and caller number, which the ID unit [should] pick up.)

As to why the time won't set, I'm not sure. AFAIK some call management services don't play ball with ISDN lines.

The only suggestions I can think of are:
    1)Ditch the ISDN line so your caller ID will work
    2)Wait until 00:00 January 1st to put the new batts in
    or (somewhat more realistically)
    3)Plug your unit into someone elses line and give it a ring

Just for for a laugh, try callin 1901 and explaining your predicament.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Irulan

quote: By ryo hazuki

Thats pretty normal right?

Quote: By Blade

I use a software based one anyway called
    isdn monitor

Sorry, Haven't a breeze what your'e talking about.

quote: By oneweb

3)Plug your unit into someone elses line and give it a ring

I already do this, I was hoping maybe for some kind of code
    for example **123#* that I could dial in .

My thanks to all who replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Blade
    The clock in them external displays are set by the exchange. At least they should be. I don't know if ISDN doesn't allow this feature. .

Not if it is a POTS display plugged into the analog ports

M

• Advertisement
Advertisement