Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Health or Get Fit Board

• 15-11-2002 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

Some board where we can share tips etc. on health fitness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

precisely, i give three thumbs up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I have been sceptical to date about something like this, however having gone from 100kg to 83kg over the last few months (note the decline in my post rate), perhaps a "Get Fit" type board might be possible (/me looks at all the stressed-out, anxious, depressed and over-weight computer users on boards), but I don't think a Health or Medicine board is appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I'd very much appreciate a "get fit" board, cuz i'm trying to get fit at the mo and thing that a boards like that would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

This is something I'm surprised we don't already have tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Lifestyle seems a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by daveirl
    Actually the Lifestyle thing is a good idea....

So how about a board for this sort of content -
    Health/Fitness
    Food/Nutrition
    Style/Fashion

Actually, that sounds good rather than the exclusivity afforded to Health and Fitness- I think we've needed a place to talk about fashion and clothes for a while now- dont know too many nudist, naturists that use boards so I think it would attract some traffic, if in the least being applicable to most :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Some kind of board where folk can discuss fitness etc would definitely be a good idea - we have a few people who are pretty knowledgable about this stuff (Jak, logic1 and Trojan all come to mind) and rather a lot of people, like myself, who could do with eating a few less pies and spending more time running up and down hills ... :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

yes bring on Health/Fitness board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think this would be a good idea as well.

I have been on weight loss program for the last few months and I've lost approx 15kgs and plan to lose the same amount again so I'd love somewhere to ask advice etc.

Thumbs up from me.

Gandalf.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Shinji
    Some kind of board where folk can discuss fitness etc would definitely be a good idea - we have a few people who are pretty knowledgable about this stuff (Jak, logic1 and Trojan all come to mind) and rather a lot of people, like myself, who could do with eating a few less pies and spending more time running up and down hills ... :)

Shinji, you eat ALL the pies! :p

Sounds like a good idea... I'll make it when CAKE tells me.
    (vote for Cake!)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

/me endorses The Cake*

If I get to eat it

Originally posted by daveirl
    Health/Fitness
    Food/Nutrition
    Style/Fashion
    Sex
    Wot, no caek? ;) and doesn't "Lifestyle" hint at 'alternative' lifestyle.
    Originally posted by 80project
    dont know too many nudist, naturists that use boards so I think it would attract some traffic, if in the least being applicable to most [/B]
    Theres plenty of lewdists to make up for them. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

glad to see ppl up for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Good idea...but you'd have to make sure no one gives medical advice as that could cause legal problems. I know that the OcUk forums don't allow any medical advice for this reason.

i found a ocuk forum but it was about computers, url for forum

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll be creating this soon, Brian and Jayk are mods.

It will be under sport.

DeV.

Hey,
    Any idea when the offical date will be. I hope I can help you all by giving personal advice that has helped me lose the pounds. I'm not going to reccomend products etc. I am gonna help by giving normal tips like. Cardio 2-3 times a week, increasing pace or distance monthly etc.

I hope I can help people. And if I feel I am leaving people down I will step down. Also I promise to be dedicated, advertising the board, keeping it all in order etc. and I may and try get a fitness instructor or someone with good fitness to give us tips etc. and I may try start a weekly diary where we can all give updates of how we did this week, etc.

Again I am glad to be a help.

Thank you to everyone at boards.ie

Thats created now under After Hours, its called Fitness.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Brian Houlihan
    i found a ocuk forum but it was about computers, url for forum

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/

They had a few medical threads in their General Discussion area but that was stopped as apparently they got legal advice not to allow that kind of subject on their forums, in case someone got duff info and acted on it and then sued 'em.

So they don't have one.

This might beof interest, but I can't read the full piece.

From ireland.com - Technology News
    15:07 EU wants standards for health web sites

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2002/1120/breaking58.htm

Advertisement