Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Case, Old motherboard

• 15-11-2002 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I have to get a new case for a old motherboard with a P3 500Mhz but komplett sell cheiftec's with compatability for P4/AMD's, 360W PSU, etc. The question is can I fit the mobo and P3 and run it off that 360w PSU or will I have to fit the old one somehow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah it should work,
    The cases are very configurable.
    The psu should be grand aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Unless theres loads of gear in that pc I'd just get a case in Ireland from peats or maplin, much cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

screw that you can get the Cheiftec cases much cheaper from komplett... peats are over €50 more on the price and they are the older cases too, they haven't got the new cheiftec ones in yet, and that is a long time out too. 3 day delivery but price anyway around 200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I was suggesting ( horror of horrors ) that dempseyt might consider a non-chieftec case, because maybe they don't want to spend upwards of €130 on a case for a p3 500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by Gerry
    I was suggesting ( horror of horrors ) that dempseyt might consider a non-chieftec case, because maybe they don't want to spend upwards of €130 on a case for a p3 500.

I have a wanted thread up but no one is willing to part with one so I kinda have to go for a new one.

• Advertisement

I was looking at a "ATX 6063-C10 (Charcoal Grey) USB Middle Tower 300W v2.03 P4 ATX PSU with Transparent Side Window & Neon Light" on Munster Computers and the dimensions were 480x440x195 mmLxWxH which sounds a bit off, should it be 480 length x 440 height x 195 width. Am I right?

Komplett measure H x W x D which is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

chieftec owns you and you will comply :)

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It may be worth keeping the backing plate from you p3 case, as the new case may not have all the proper slots/connections for your mobo

I don't have the original case and I can't get it, It was a Gateway 200 watt ATX Tower Case. If anyone has one go to wanted and reply to my thread there or pm me.
    Chieftec have a backplate that can be altered to suit the motherboard, don't they? Which is a good thing but they cost €130 and delivery is €30, Fúck that. Thats why I was looking else where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I have a pc case here m8 sorry i didnt see the wanted ...
    used to have a 1800xp processer motherboard in it !!!

Appy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I also have a few old cases that would do the job grand here in the office, pm if interested, the boss should have one he'll just throw my way or he'll surely part with one for 20E

Advertisement