Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oz

• 16-11-2002 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

Just finished watching the last episode of season 5 on net2.
    Does anyone know when OZ will be back on irish tv?
    HBO says it will be back early 2003 but that's on american tv so.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Do you not mean TG4? net2 dont show Oz...

Though Mondays episode was good. I plan to download that duet between Beacher and Shillinger..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

since watchin oz i dont think ive ever heard the word "cock" so many times in one sitting :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

Net 2 shows Oz on Fridays.
    They just showed the last episode made in Season 5.
    People are still waiting for season 6 in America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I thought only E4 showed it on Fridays.
    Actually since it ended on Ch4, I've missed pretty much all of Season 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Melachi I really think you are confusing Network 2 and E4 up.The last episode of season 5 was on E4 on Friday night.Seeing as TG4 also shows Oz(about 2 eps behind E4 I think)it is unlikely Network 2 could also be showing it.If it was On Network 2 I think it would have been mentioned before,seeing as there is a popular Oz thread already in existence here.
    Checking the episode guide at http://www.tvtome.com/Oz/season5.html it says Fridays ep was shown in the USA in February 2002.So I would imagine it would be autumn of next year before we get the new series.
    Good ep on Friday.Vern was carted off to solitary indefinitely,although as som1 said somewhere if Alvarez could get out of solitary Vern will somehow manage.And the death of Augustus Hill wasnt something we were expecting.Wonder wwho will do the narrations now?Some people say that he will be back but IMO he looked fairly dead and in no state to be back in the narrators chair

• Advertisement

Ah yes, the channels are next to eachother on my remote.
    Actually I read on the HBO homepage that they would start airing the show early year 2003.
    At what times do they show OZ on tg4. I missed the episode before the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by The Gopher
    And the death of Augustus Hill wasnt something we were expecting.Wonder wwho will do the narrations now?Some people say that he will be back but IMO he looked fairly dead and in no state to be back in the narrators chair
    [/B]
    Oz is a show that happily doesn't confine itself to the rigours of 'reality-based' storytelling (anyone who saw the episodes with Cloutiers 'spirit' would testify as much) so if Agustus WAS killed then there really is nothing to say he couldn't stay on doing his 'links'. Also, as it has been clearly established the 'links' are in no way based in reality (and in themselves have no bearing on what happens in the show) so there is nothing to stop a dead Agustus reappearing in them for Season 6.

Although, after saying all that, IMDB have Harold Perrineau jr. down as having appeared on Oz from 97-2002 (They usually only put a closing date when an actor has left a show.) which would lead me to suspect he really is thru.

Nothing on imdb is written on a tombstone though.
    maybe #€(/")#(€/)#" will be a ghost in season 6

Argh. Finally got around to seeing Monday nights episode and was amazed to see Agustus die. I really dont know why they killed him, it would be something to do with Redding i think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Winters
    Argh. Finally got around to seeing Monday nights episode and was amazed to see Agustus die. I really dont know why they killed him, it would be something to do with Redding i think...
    Jebus winters spoiler feckin tags.

Damn you. Damn you I say.

• Advertisement

My lack of spoiler tags is due to the fact that it has been shown on TG4. Im not gonna add spolier tags so some of us, whom are too lazy to watch TG4, can wait months for the new series to come onto channel 4....

And so forth.. but i will now use the old
    spolier
    tags form now on,
    just for you
    ;)

is he really out of the series though!

HE'LL PROLLY BE A GHOST and speak with rabadedoadooad something, forgot his name :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Well as previously said on IMDB it lists Harrold Perrineau,who played him,as being in it from 1997-2002.Most characters who have an end dateon IMDB dont return.For example when Chris Keller was sent to another prison for what must have been most of a series many people thought he was gone,but IMDB listed him as starring from whatever year to the present and sure enough he returned.So IMDB is generally right on these things.
    But you never know.
    Winters-Augustus was killed because he saw the Italian about to stab redding and rolled infront of him to block the knife,killing himself in the process...........or did he
    :D

I just saw a small seinfeld skit :p
    "Seinfeld in OZ" lol, is funny. see if you can d/l it on kazaa..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Is it only Season One thats out on DVD so far ? Would love to get the whole lot of em on dvd

Well....i was annoyed to find that was the last episode of Oz for a while. I do hope that TG4 order in the new series once its done. Thankfull i still have 2 episodes on tape to last me. :)

Pity only Season 1 is out on DvD ... and its only out on Region 1 i think :(

Advertisement