Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISCL (yes it had to happen!)

Options
  • 05-03-1999 6:14pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Irish StarCraft League.

hehe, ok this is a bit of a dos (since we only have about 8) but lets do it anyway.

Its not going to be planned, like the IQCL was but rather everyone plays everyone else whenever is convient and I'll tally the results. I'll make it all more official later but for now lets just get a few games going.

DeV.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Ah sure why not?

What maps?

Hmmm...maybe I better play a few of those 2 player maps after all...

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bates

Put me down smile.gif

ChRoMe

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Would people prefer 2 v 2???
    Let me know.

As I've said this will be a league where yu play when oppurtunity presents itself. But there will be deadline by which your games should be played out.
    Nethouse on a friday is a good place to play but we can always play on Bnet too.

So whaddya think?

DeV

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

It'll have to be Bnet for me for a while.

2v2 team or allied in a melee?

Draco (waiting to show the Zerg can still kick ass)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

I could make the nethouse jobby, but i cant play on Bnet as i have a ware .... err broken CD. 2 on 2 sounds cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

yes me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

re i was walking down the road when suddenly a gat

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well why not but what race to chouse from hmmmm so mutch to chouse a maby i should start practising with zerg i think they actuall have the best possibility of winning a match quickly but ill have a go yep put me down and i think i know about 4 others that would join have to ask them first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yeah, stick me down.. I'll have to actually start playing the game properly again. GG's on friday Dev and Bunny.. remind me not to ally with a turtler. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ChRoMe99

So how about we try and get this thing moving I have only recently in the last few days gotten into sc but i love it and would love a games. I think it should be played over brood wars (v 1.04) or starcraft 1.00 coz most people who play it are still "evulating" the game and cant upgrade *cough*
    Btw lets just say you some how got sc without buying it and are woundering if brood wars will work with a "modifed" version of sc the answer is yes it will! smile.gif

ChRoMe

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

yeah sounds cool.
    do we need to use battlenet or can
    we get an irish server up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Fiend

Put my name down too DeVore. Thanks.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes, but I'm dithering between 2 v2 (more fun but considerably more difficult to organise) or 1 v 1 which is less fun but we could phone each other for the match and play 1 v 1 over modems (very easy to organise)

What do you all think?

we can set up a server here if we want to. Cloud has got one up nut it quits when he logs out. He's working on it atm.

What do people think?

DeV.

i can only play 1 v 1 over phone(unofficial shareware version) until i purchase a copy of starcraft to play on battlenet.. wont be till end of May anyway, unless someone donates 30 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

slurp slurp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 infra

Im up for it....but i got a clan already and we play matches and stuff.
    Play it Brood War (1.05). No..not modem play.
    Set up your own server through www.fsgs.com
    Thats where we play all our matches ..through independent servers.
    Set one up , and change some settigns in regedit(to be able to connect to the server) , and your away.

Oh, and put me down too. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

look here
    "<KinDred> bet u'll get raped in the leauge
    <^infra^> bet ya i'll beat everyone
    <^infra^> easy
    <^infra^> im ****ing deadly like"

behind ye're backs rippin the ****...bah
    smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 infra

No , thats not what i said

<KinDreD> i'll ****ing rape your mother
    <infra> go away you sad fool ?
    <KinDreD> ahahahah im utter cat at q2
    <infra> everyonhe knows that
    <KinDreD>ahahahahahaa im gay

And thats what happened.
    So , what about the SC league then?

I am working on this atm. So dont think its dead, its just that I dont want to announce something until its ready.

It will be 2 v 2 with games being played wherever we can manage them. I'll manage the ladder with people moving up (half the difference)+1 between them and the people they beat. (ta suds for the formula!)
    So team up lads. It'll be starting real soon now.

First Team is Regi and I.

Cloud is setting up a server for us and I'll start the ball rolling in two weeks time so as to give you all time to get set up etc...

DeVore (Womble for SC smile.gif )

• Advertisement
Advertisement